Trust takes years to build and seconds to break

Question by (TorchTorque): Have you ever trusted Grandpa Gruff? If yes, tell us about it

Yeah, Grampa Gruff isn't getting a funny chapter title. Instead, he gets a chapter title that makes you feel bad for our society. It's what he deserves. 

Anywho...geesh, I can't remember the last time I had a question that was actually hard to answer. I know for sure that I've never loved that old man. He'd usually treat me like an outsider, even when I was living in his home. But did I ever trust him? ...That's a bit harder for me to answer. 

I mean, I guess I did end up trusting him...how could I not? I was a little griffon being let in Grampa Gruff's home after my parents died. When you're small, you have to trust who's your authority, because you can't really think for yourself. So I do think I ended up trusting him, thinking that he'd treat me right...That did not happen.

As I grew older, and I realized that Grampa Gruff has no idea how to love somecreature properly...ehm, assuming he did actually love me...my patience for him started wearing thin. I was thinking more for myself, and about myself, how everything I've been through and how I've been treated was affecting me.....Grampa Gruff may say otherwise, but here is the cold truth. The first time I REALLY stood up to him, I found myself without a home a few minutes later...*sniffs a bit* Any trust I had for him was broken in seconds. 

*pauses for a second, trying not to have any bad thoughts* ...Then the School of Friendship happened...I came in that school trusting Gabby's words about Ponyville and about the school itself. And I was kind of trusting Gilda's words on Professor Dash, one of the only few creatures who showed her kindness, and loyalty of course. I wasn't trusting Grampa Gruff again until I was in the school, and I had to trust on him to pay for me to be there, however much he has to, and to give me a steady allowance. But let me make it clear, I wasn't trusting him too much...You can't blindly trust someone who threw you out of their home without a care

...And sure enough, by the second month, I wasn't given the allowance I needed, I didn't save up, and I had to feel hunger again the days I couldn't buy myself some lunch. The sad part was that, at this point, I have felt hunger so many times, it didn't bother me too much...I only really told my friends if they could give me a little something once THEY noticed I wasn't eating...At least nowadays Grampa Gruff doesn't miss out on my allowance as much, though that's changed only after I helped save Equestria from Cozy Glow. Apparently I have to EARN my right to eat with that guy! *he huffs, and as his top feathers flop on his forehead, he blows them out of his face* Anyways, I think I've told you enough.