Chapter Six.

The next day was the big tourney game. And the morale of the school was even higher than usual. Mal, Josh and Jay swing around and stand near Mal's locker, Mal had a zipper bag in her hand full of her cookies as she looked around for Ben.

"Are you feeling wierd about this?" Jay asked, and saw Josh nod ever so slightly in agreement. "I mean, it's not so bad here."

"I gotta agree, I'm not looking over my shoulder ever five seconds" Josh chimes in.

"What is wrong with you two? Long live evil! Your mean! Your cruel! Your bad news! Snap out of it!" She clicks in front of their faces and Jay looks like he came out of a daze and smiled

"Thanks Mal, I needed that" He says as he stalks over to some girls to flirt with them.

"I dunno Mal, I gotta say. I feel, safe here." Josh pushes and Mal looks at him and her facade falters.

"I... If you want to put a stop to this Josh, we can." She says, and Josh could tell she was telling the truth. She would stop everything so he felt safe. But he shook his head and smiles.

"Nah, it's okay I guess. I'm use to fending for myself. Just got more land to do so after" Josh shrugs off and Mal nods slowly and grabs his wrist gently.

"You one of us now, Josh. If anyone messes with you. They have us to go through." She says defensively.

"Do you think they paid for those?" Audrey asked as her and Ben come round the corner, watching Jay flirt with girls that Mal had used magic on. "She did it with Jane's hair too. And Fairy Godmother is not happy about it!" She says and Ben shrugs.

"What's the harm?" He says and Audrey scoffs.

"She's using it to manipulate them Ben. To like her. And I don't feel good about it." She says

"What about Josh? You were okay with him using it" Ben points out.

"That's different Ben and you know it! He didn't use to to manipulate me. Hell I helped him use it. So don't you dare use Josh against me!" She hisses and storms off. Ben regains himself and then goes to walk away.

"Hey Bennyboo!" Mal says cheerfully, and Ben turns and a large smile forms on his face.

"Hey, Mal. Hey Josh" He smiles as he walks over.

"I just made a batch of double chocolate chip cookies. You want one?" She asked.

"I... I would but I got a big game, and I dont eat before a big game. Sorry" He says sincerely. Josh expected Mal to falter, but she didn't.

"No, yeah. I understand. Be careful treats offered by villains." Mal, sighs as she looks disappointed. Well acts to be atleast. And Ben falls for the bait.

"No no no" He tries.

"No, I'm sure every kid at Auradon knows that" Mal shrugs as looks at Josh and goes to offer him oneand he pulls one out.

"No, No. I really do..."

"No I get it. Your catious. Its smart. More for us then" Mal shrugs as both her and Josh go to take a bite and Ben yanks Mal's from her hand eats it.

"See totally trust you" Ben smiles as he eats his cookie. But Josh doesn't know what happened next as all he feels is a searing pain in his chest. Josh steps back and around the corner as he clutches his chest in pain.

"Hey, Josh! Are you okay?" Lonnie asks as she runs up to him. Josh could feel the heat blazing in his chest. He couldn't explain it to Lonnie. But he felt he was going to burst into flames.

"Open... Area... Now!" Josh seathes through the pain and Lonnie grabs his arm and swings it around her shoulder and helps him away from the school.