Chapter Ninety Seven

The cold air brushed against Josh's bare arms. Feeling his hair stand up in response. His hand glided over to his sword handle and held tight, and after a few seconds he pulled it from its sheath and began swinging it in tight arcs. Each one more precise than the last.

Josh then spins around and goes again, his eyes growing brighter as his hands ignite, flames bursting from his skin as they climb up the sword. As it reaches the tip of the blade, he adjusts himself, then spins around, pulling the blade with him. Fire blasts from the sword, creating a horizontal chain of fire that flies through the air, hitting an nearby rock before fading.

"I see your finally taking control of your powers." Beca smirks as she appears to the side of him. Josh chuckles and nods.

"Think it's about time, don't you?" He asks. It was weird, when Beca first started appearing, all he ever wanted was for her to leave him. But now, her presence was welcome. Even if it was his own mind.

"True. You brother has much more of a grasp on fire, so you need to catch up." She states.

"Next time I see him, I'm going to take him down." He replies as he sheaths his sword.

"Maybe. Maybe not. I don't think you are as sure of killing him as you say you are, my friend." She tells him.

"I will kill him, Beca. He took Audrey from me. And that can only be repayed in blood. His blood." Josh responds.

"I do hope you are right, Josh. George is a threat to Auradon as much as your father, maybe even more. He is young, full of anger, and eager to prove his worth. And he will go a long way to do so."

"He won't be able to prove anything in Hell." He states as he walks over to a nearby tree and picks up his leather jacket he had put down, and slides it on. It was Audrey's jacket. It was pink, but now was painted red. But Josh kept the emblem of the flower on it. It gave him a connection to her. Something he would never let go.

"You could use a break. Go see the place you fought hard to get back." She tells him and Josh nods.

"Well, feel free to pop into my head whenever you feel like talking." Josh smirks.

"I will" She chuckles befor fading away, and Josh makes his way back to the castle.

***

"We have taken back control of Auradon. We have people coming from the Isle to inhabit the settlements that were made across the land." Jay informs Mal. The two were in the throne room, or what use to be it. It had been torn down when the Dragon Empire took over. The red carpet was gone, the oak wooden floor charred with cracks running all the way through it, the throne was melted down, with a puddle of gold and steel left in its place

"Good. I want whatever guards we have stationed at each of the settlements. We have no way to be certain that the barrier will hold. And I'm sure the Dragon King will take advantage if it does fail." Mal commands and Jay nods.

"We will transfer all the guards from the Isle to the Settlements, and begin to train more men." Jay replies and Mal smiles.

"Good. If we are to carry on this war, then we will need more men to fight it. I will check the prison where Sarah was held with Anna and Jenna later, see if we can find anyone there who wasn't of Dragon blood. See if they are willing to fight for us." Mal decides and Jay nods.

"I'll get to it then" He bows before leaving. Mal looks around at the throne room and sighs. As Jay leaves the throne room, he finds Uma walking towards it with a slight limp.

"Is she in there?" She asks and Jay nods as he walks past.

"The Dragon King left some good loot here." She states as she walks in. Mal looks up at Uma. "The vaults had a good amount of gold in it, which will be good for rebuilding, we need to get an economy going again."