Chapter Ninety One.

"Why are you doing this Mal!" Evie demands as she marches into the throne room. Mal looked up from the map of Auradon at her before sighing.

"What are you on about, Evie?" She asks, although she knew full well what Evie meant.

"You've pulled Josh's trial to today." She states.

"Look, we need to know if Josh is going to be kept in a cell or not. As if not, he's going to be real helpful in our assault on Auradon. It will rest everyone's minds to know what Josh's fate is. So I've pulled it to today." Mall answers, and Evie deflates.

"That makes sense. I just want to make sure you weren't going to pull something to ensure that he is kept out." Evie admits, and Mal nods.

"Don't get me wrong, E, I want Josh out for the assault. But I will be one of the many people deciding. I could use my powers to let him free, but that isn't right. So I'm gonna fight for Josh, in the right way." Mal explains and Evie nods.

"I get that... And thank you for doing this properly. I know you want Josh in the assault, as do I. But I can't justify his killing for that. But if everyone agree's he should be let go, I won't be mad." She replies and the two share a smile. Mal was glad this didn't come between them, as they'd only just made up.

"How much has the plan changed?" Evie asks as she walks towards the map, covered in markings.

"Alpha team is now comprised of Jay, Harry, Audrey, Lonnie and a few of the armed guards. They'll take the school back. Bravo is made up of You, Sarah, Uma, Jane and Chad. You're taking this village to the west." She points to a circle around a few roughly drawn houses. "There's a watchtower within it. One of the only ones near a settlement, so it's the easiest to get too without being taken out."

"Okay, I see I'm no longer on the assault on the Castle." Evie observes and Mal nods.

"Without Josh, I needed to pull Anna and Jenna in for the attack on the Castle, and I need you leading the attack on the Watchtower. It's vital we know what's coming." Mal explains. "But yeah, Me, Jenna, Anna and Carlos. are moving against the Castle. After you have taken the watch tower, leave Chad to keep a watch out and support the attack on the Castle. Audrey will also be coming after the school is secure, and she will be leaving Harry in the defence."

"Good plan. I see what you mean about this being alot harder without Josh, though. Anna and Jenna just make up for the loss for your team, but the other two are lacking." She admits.

"The Castle is the biggest push, it is vital we take it. Tommorow is the day we either take back our home, or die trying." Mal sighs.

"Well, we best see if Josh is going to be joining us." Evie states and Mal nods, and the two head out of the throne room.

***

The two enter the conference room. Everyone sat around the large round table, with Josh stood at the end, bound by chains with guards either side of him.

"What the hell is this about? And why is Josh in chains?" Carlos asks. Evie and Mal share a look, with Mal nodding before she takes her seat. Evie takes hers on the opposite side of the table from Mal.

"Today we are deciding whether Josh should stay locked up for murder. He has admitted to taking an innocent life to gain access to the Forgotten Plane." Evie explains, and looks are shot across the room.

"Josh... Is this true?" Carlos asked, shocked.

"It is. I did what I had to do to save Sarah, and the only way I knew to find out where she is was through the Forgotten Plane. I take full responsibility for my actions." Josh states.