The Five Stages - Part 2

(Thank you all so much for the comments on the previous story, I'm so glad you liked it! I hope you love this one as well!)

"What's going on? How are you here?" Bucky asked as you stood up and looked at him with wide unblinking eyes.

"H-How, w-what did you, I-I..." You tried to find the right words but you couldn't.

"Buck?" You heard a voice say seeing Steve behind Bucky. You felt nauseous, you dry heaved before falling onto your knees and throwing up.

"Jesus!" Bucky said as he ran to your side, you screamed and backed away.

"Get away!" You screamed as he looked at you in confusion. His eyes traveled behind you to see his gravestone. His eyes widened as he paled.

"W-What is this?" He whispered looking at the gravestone. Steve ran to you and helped you up as he held onto your hand.

"Bucky, how are you here? You died." Steve said as Bucky looked up at him.

"Steve, okay you're really scaring me. This is just a joke right? I didn't actually die." Bucky said as you looked at him in fear.

"Doll, please talk to me. I don't understand how you're here, you died." He said looking at you as your breathing became uneven.

"Y/N I need to call Fury." Steve said as you nodded still staring at Bucky. Steve stepped away a little, just enough so he could interrupt if he needed and made a call to Shield.

"Y/N darling please, I'm scared I don't understand what's happening." He whispered as you began to cry, he stepped closer.

"It's okay doll." He said placing his hand on your cheek and wiping away your tears. He could touch you, it meant he was real, it meant he wasn't a ghost or something of your imagination.

"B-Bucky." You whispered beginning to sob as he wrapped his arms around you, you sobbed into his chest. Everything came rushing back to you, even the familiarity of his smell.

"I-I don't understand." You cried out as he ran a hand through your hair.

"Me neither, I-I watched you die." He whispered hugging you tightly.

"W-What do you mean?" You asked pulling away and wiping your tears.

"You don't remember? W-We were fighting and you were killed in battle, w-we had a funeral for you, w-we buried you." He said as you looked at him in utter disbelief.

"B-Bucky, I did the same to you. You died and w-we buried you. Right here." You said pointing to the grave.

"This is so messed up." He whispered, you felt sick again as you fell to your knees and threw up again. Bucky was instantly at you side holding your hair back.

"It's okay doll." He whispered as you sat up and groaned. Steve came back over to you both.

"We need to bring Bucky to Shield, and t-they want to dig up the coffin. To see if there's a body." Steve said as you closed your eyes.

"This is all too much, I don't understand any of this." You whispered as Bucky helped you to stand up.

"It's okay Y/N, let's just get to the Shield base and go from there." Steve said as you nodded. You looked up at Bucky, you could tell he was looking at you with disbelief as well.

"Y-Yeah, let's go." You muttered following Steve with Bucky close behind you. You decided to get in the back with Bucky and let Steve drive.

"I-I missed you." Bucky whispered looking at you as you began to cry again.