Arc I - Chapter 1

Third Person POV

Welcome to Dayton, Ohio, nicknamed the Gem City! Home of the National Museum of the U.S. Airforce and the country seat of Montgomery County. With was a lively and excited city this time of year, mostly due to their sports teams finally making it from the Minor Leagues to the Major Leagues. Now they could be better known for something that isn't just the Museum. We're not here for the city's history though. We're here to focus on one place. Belmont High School is where this story takes place. It's a simple high school with all the usual dramas, flaws and stereotypical students. Somethings will never change.

As of right now, it was 1:34 on March 17th, 2022. The fifth and finally period had just started about 17 minutes ago. Some of the students were either exhausted or bored out of their mind. A girl who had black hair up in a neat high ponytail, green eyes and wore a black tank top with camo cargo pants was busy folding a paper plane. The guy next to her, a chubby, hazel eyed red head with freckles all over his body with a basic white t-shirt and jeans on was taking notes. The girl leans over and begins whispering.

Girl: Marco, when does this class end again?

The boy, now named Marco looked over to his friend with a cocked brow.

Marco: We're barely halfway through the class Sonya. Are you that bored already?

Sonya shrugs before glancing around the room. They're whole group was here. Marco and Sonya were two of a group of four. The third was in the back of the class, Dustin. He was a blonde with green eyes as well. His outfit consisted of a khaki scarf, ripped black long sleeve shirt over a grey short sleeve shirt and a matching black pants. However, the most important one was the one directly in front of the teacher. He had (E/C) eyes that matched perfectly with his (H/C) hair. He wore a red long sleeve shirt with black wind pants. This was Y/N L/N. He takes a moment to adjust his glasses as he continues to take notes.

Ms. Hughes: Now class, we'll be doing a English quiz in a couple of minutes and end the school day off with that. You'll have 40 minutes to complete it. The grades you get will effect your overall score for the semester. I hope you've been studying.

Sonya looked terrified. Marco looked indifferent. Dustin looked annoyed. Y/N looked pretty happy. The group consisted of a bad boy, female jock, an average student and a gamer nerd. It was easy to tell who was who. This story wasn't about Sonya, Marco and Dustin though. It was about Y/N. A boy who had good grades and was a decent gamer. As he paid attention to the lesson, a spitball was fired at him from his right rear. He pursed his lips and leaned his head down a little. Despite having his whole group here, he was still isolated. He was in the front center row, Marco and Sonya were to the far right and middle row of the room next and Dustin was in the back of the class and next to the wall, far from all three of them. Y/N had a bit of a reputation amongst the school.

Despite being a nerd, he was rather good looking. At least in the face and hair department. Obviously, he was kinda skinny as expected and glasses just helped solidify the image. Perfect prey for the bullies of the school. That's not what gave him his rep though. The main reason bullies targets him was because he plays the hit MOBA game League of Legends. The sole player of Belmont High School. Ironically, most of those bullies play Fornite which is just as sweaty and toxic as League, if not more. It was almost like a turf war sometimes with their being only one casualty. Poor little Y/N. This is where his perks as a nerd come in. Y/N is smart and is usually a step ahead.

When those fail though, it'll end in one of two ways. Sonya takes her paper plane and sends it flying over to the bully, a dipshit named Carl. Y/N not dare look back, but he could feel conflict going on behind him. None of the other students cared to say anything though and the Ms. Hughes was more focused on the lesson. This was making Y/N increasingly worried.