Arc I - Chapter 14

Y/N POV

The orange sky quickly changed to a dark blue. Two boxes of pizza were already empty and a third was about to be as well. I could easily put away a whole box on my own, but Ahri could easily triple that it seems.

Ahri: This is so greasy yet I can't stop eating it.

Y/N: You learn to love pizza really fast if you enjoy the taste. Actually, when's the last time you had an actual meal?

She takes another bite and chews slowly. A moment later, she began to count her fingers and came to a sudden realization.

Ahri: I don't remember... Souls always kept me healthy and strong.

That's a weird fact, though I am kinda curious if there is a taste. Probably not. At least now she has some real food. There's only one issue with her being here and I didn't really think that far. I still have school.

Y/N: I need to inform you about something. I'm not sure how common this was in Runeterra but there's this thing called school.

Ahri: School? I've heard of it but I've never been to one myself. It's a place of learning?

Y/N: Yeah but thing is, my schedule is very long. Like, every day but today and tomorrow long.

Ahri: You go to a school for a whole week?

Y/N: We stay till two-thirty at the earliest. After that, I come on home and do some homewor-

Queue the giant exclamation mark over my head cause I just remembered I have NOT done my homework from Friday! I wanted to slap myself in the face. It's alright, you still got tomorrow Y/N. Plenty of time to finish up before school Monday.

Ahri: What's wrong?

Y/N: I still have incomplete homework to finish. Things will be fine cause I got tomorrow to do them. After that, I can do whatever I want tomorrow.

Ahri: Whatever you want huh...?

She looked very upset about my statement. She had every right to be since she could do next to nothing here. Guess I'm gonna show her around and see if she can occupy herself with anything. First though, I need to find her a spot to sleep.

Y/N: It's getting late. We should both be getting to bed soon. I've got a futon that I can use so you can use my bed.

Ahri: Why should I use your bed?

Y/N: I only have the one in this house. It may be big but it only has one bedroom. That's kinda my fault since I don't have any use for the other rooms. I guess that gives me plans though.

Ahri: That doesn't really answer my question.

Y/N: Well.... why wouldn't you want to sleep in a bed? Have you slept in a bed before?

She looks away and begins slowly rubbing one of her tails.

Ahri: It's been a long time...

Y/N: Even more reason. I promise it's not gonna hurt you or anything. I'm also a very clean person so you don't have to worry about sweat sheets or anything disgusting like that.

She still didn't seem to want too. Am I being too considerate or something? Maybe she still doesn't trust me completely.

Y/N: Listen. I know you've been through a lot and may still be confused but I promise I'm not planning anything.

Ahri: I know you aren't. It's just... The last time I trusted someone they...

Heartbroken. That's what her expression was. Since this was a sensitive topic, I waved my hand and stood up.