Arc V - Chapter 5

Kai'sa POV

I decided to stay with Y/N for the rest of the visiting hours despite my senses telling me that I needed to be looking for Evelynn. My senses lost out to what my heart was telling me. We didn't say much to each other; all we needed was the other's presence. Unfortunately, moments like these must end as I receive a text from Marco.

Agodlypancake: Just a heads-up, the adults are heading up to the room now. We're downstairs waiting in our vehicles.

Teemo must have informed them that I was here. Good, it shows me that he is alert and watching Y/N. As I put my phone away, I catch Y/N looking at me.

Y/N: Is everything alright?

Kai'sa: You're about to have visitors. Your... parents...

I could see his hand shiver a little and the look in his eye told me he was afraid. To comfort him, I place my hand atop his.

Kai'sa: I'll be here for you and if you need me to, I'll push them out.

Y/N: Thanks but... I hope it doesn't come to that.

I nod and step to the opposite side of the bed so that when they walk in their view of their son won't be obstructed. After a minute of waiting Lydia slowly opens the door and peeks her head in.

Lydia: Sweetie...?

Y/N: H-hey Mom...

Lydia looks at me and I nod, signaling to her that she can enter. As she walks in, she closes the door and bows her head.

Lydia: I... I am so sorry for what happened. I won't make any excuses for what I did.

Straight to the point... I'm glad she understands the weight of her actions enough to address it first and not dance around it. Or blame others for that fact.

Lydia: I just wanted to see you take your first step into adulthood and that selfishness led us... here... I'm sorry... I failed you and your grandmother again...

The mentioning of his grandmother visibly hurt Y/N but he remained strong.

Y/N: Mom... you can lift your head... I'm no king to be bowed to... I'm just a boy.

Lydia looks up with teary eyes. While I'm sure she and I both agreed that Y/N was more than just a boy, neither said anything.

Lydia: I'm sorry...!

Y/N: Please, stop apologizing...! It hurts to see you like this again...

He disconnects his hand from mine and holds his arms out, inviting her for a hug. Lydia hesitates for a moment before nearly jumping into his arms. She tried to contain her crying as best she could but the tighter Y/N held onto her, the harder it became for her. As the two had their heart-to-heart, the door opens up a little and I see Carolina look in. I gesture to her and Harrison to step inside quietly. It was only after the door closed that Y/N looked up to see them and their guilty faces.

He then pats his mother's back to try and get her to look behind her. When she looked up at him, he gestures for her to turn around. The moment the two mothers locked eyes, there was a brief moment of tension. I could tell things would be alright though as Carolina nodded a little.

Carolina: I guess we were just a little slower...

There's that stark contrast between them. Lydia was straight to the point but Carolina hesitates and changes the subject for just a moment. She was probably doing this out of fear which in her case was justifiable.