Arc I - Chapter 16

Y/N POV

By the absolute grace of god or maybe it was just the sky falling, Dustin actually decided to be helpful. Instead of forcing us to watch Ahri play Dark Souls, he suggested we boot up the Switch for some Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. Ahri was obviously suspicious since she must have thought it was a trick or something. It's gonna take a bit of work to get her to loosen up around others. Hopefully this experience helps cause she may have been hopeless once my stepmom came over.

Ahri: So what exactly is this?

Dustin: It's a party game mixed with a fighting game. Just about everyone knows what it is. Fret not young padawan for I shall teachth thee how to smash.

Ahri leans over to me and hides our faces with her tails.

Ahri: I have no idea what he called me or what he meant.

Y/N: Nothing offensive. And what he meant was teaching you how to play. It's a lot more simple than Dark Souls, trust me.

She nods and pulls away. As the game comes up, Sonya forces us to listen to Lifelight. Still not as good as Brawl's intro theme. Ahri seemed very invested into listening. Gonna give her the full song later. The more I can connect her to our world, the more comfortable she may be.

Sonya: Love that song.

Marco: And I'm gonna say it again. Smash getting an anime song for its opening is really meh.

Sonya: You shut your mouth!

Marco shrugs his shoulders while Sonya continues to fume. As if anyone didn't see coming, Ahri was unsure how to react. Dustin then puts us into eight player smash. Thankfully we had enough controllers. Marco and Dustin always bring their own. Need to have the good controller at all times despite my controllers never being bad.

Ahri: Wow...

Sonya: Lots of characters to choose from. I'm going my usual.

She is talking about green female Wii Fit Trainer. Marco picks coatless Sephiroth, Dustin picks Suit Kazuya and I pick black King Dedede, the true best heavy in the game.

Dustin: Why do you always pick him? He's not really good.

Y/N: My Nair about to say otherwise.

Ahri: Um...

We all then watch as Ahri tries to figure out how to move her coin thing. Naturally, I help her out and she ends up picking Palutena. An actual top tier pick. Thank god she doesn't know how to play yet. Would be real hilarious to become the next big Palutena player. Nairo would be proud. Now, the stage select had a bit of an argument. Sonya said we should be fair and just go to Big Battlefield. Meanwhile, Dustin said we should go to The Great Cave Offensive. In the end, I picked Bridge of Eldin.

Y/N: Okay Ahri, the objective is the knock your opponent off the screen by doing as much damage as possible. You've got four stocks which are your lives. Once you lose them, you're out. So don't lose them.

Ahri: Easier said then done.

Sonya: You'll be fine. I'll ruin Dustin's life while Y/N teaches you how to play.

Dustin: You can try blockhead.

While I was busy teaching Ahri what I could on short notice, Sonya and Dustin were going at it with Marco occasionally chiming in. He just poked at everyone. Once I got the basics out of the way, I came in and stole the first stock from Dustin.

Dustin: How the fuck!? You're the fattest character on this damn twinkie bridge!

Y/N: Dash attack son.