Arc IV - Chapter 1

Y/N POV

It took Rakan no time at all to start frantically looking around the room. Ahri had that one polite face that one meme cat makes while Kai'sa tried her best to not stare. Teemo on the other hand...

Teemo: Bird up!

Rakan screams for a moment before seeing Teemo.

Rakan: Oh, it's just a Yordle.

Teemo: Excuse me!? I am not just a Yordle, I am Teemo!

Ahri then puts her fist to her mouth, stifling a laugh. Teemo immediately took notice and was going to do something. Then, my mom looked at him.

Lydia: Calm down.

Teemo: Mmmm, fine!

Mom then helps me off the floor and leads me out of the room.

Lydia: Could I ask that you three get our new guy settled in? I need to speak with my son.

Ahri: Oh, yes ma'am.

Mom nods and takes me downstairs into the kitchen. I for some reason felt really ashamed but it all went away when my mother brought me in for a hug.

Y/N: M-mom?

Lydia: I should've been here...

Been here...? No, I don't know if I agree with that. Things may have gotten worse. Papa doesn't want me talking to you so to see me side with you at all, he'd probably... No, don't think about it Y/N. I had questions of my own.

Y/N: How long have you known?

Lydia: Since the first visit. Ahri told me what she could. Honestly, I... may have had the same reaction if I didn't see the look in her eye. She really cares about you.

Y/N: Yeah...

Because I love you...

Those words were suddenly being repeated in my head over and over again. My heart felt all weird and fuzzy. I... I knew what she meant but... I don't know how to respond to it. By instinct, I tighten my hold around my mother as I began to overthink the situation.

Lydia: I'm so glad you're safe. This time, I won't let you face these problems on your own.

Y/N: But Mom, your job... The family...

Lydia: I won't stay here so I can avoid causing another family uproar but I will be in contact more and more. You may have grown up but you can't face all your problems alone. Sometimes, we have to stick together to overcome some problems.

Y/N: I... yeah, you're right...

We both finally pull away and my mom plants a kiss on my forehead.

Lydia: Are you okay now?

Y/N: Y-yeah. Mostly.

Lydia: Mostly?

Y/N: Well... I just... forced someone to come with me and he's probably really confused. It's kinda my job to take care of these people...

My Mom nods and turns her head back toward the stairs.

Lydia: Do you think you're really ready right now though? That's a lot of responsibility for you.

Y/N: I've taken care of three people so far. I think I can manage.

I just hope Rakan will be a little more understanding. Mom looks back at me and nods. We both then head upstairs where there was plenty of noise to be heard.