Arc V - Chapter 26

Marco POV

Dinner time has passed which means Y/N's been in there for nearly a week. After the hospital incident, I became incredibly concerned about the time. Evelynn is not wasting time getting what she wants. Kai'sa is all on her own while we hide away so I can't help but feel worthless. Evelynn's magic is also tearing her body apart from the inside. While she is tough, she isn't invincible.

Dustin: Ugh... no more...

Dustin tosses his phone across the loveseat and lies all the way down.

Marco: Social media isn't good for you regardless of the situation.

Dustin: Dude, people are panicking. Not just in Ohio but the surrounding states. Over fifty people have been brutally murdered within the past two days.

Treyvon: A couple of hours ago, word went around that the Mayor may call in special forces.

More bodies for the sadist.

Dustin: There's gotta be something we can do.

Marco: Like what? We're completely helpless against Evelynn and the chances of finding Ahri are low.

The door next to us opens up with Nancy peeking out.

Nancy: There y'all are. Sonya! They're on the back porch!

She still looks a little shaken but was alright. Sonya takes a moment to come down and join us, choosing to sit next to Dustin's feet.

Sonya: Everyone alright?

Treyvon: As okay as we can be.

Dustin: I'm pissed that I'm useless.

Marco: We all are.

We can have this talk all night and get nowhere. Knowing this, I decided to change things up. I looked over at Sonya or more specifically, her scar.

Marco: How did they react to your scar?

Sonya: My scar? Well, they were a little worried but when I told them that I fought off a mugger with a knife while I was unarmed, they thought I was a badass. Especially my brothers.

Dustin: That's an awfully specifically wound to get during a mugging but yeah, you do look pretty cool with it.

Sonya: That's the nicest thing you've ever said about my body.

Dustin: I know and it's about the damage too.

When he puts it like that, it does seem kinda backhanded for a compliment. Not that anyone was complaining. My phone then buzzes so I check it out. It was a text from my parents asking how I was. Naturally, I told them I was alright. What stung was that they were planning to move to another state and... wanted me to go with them. Leaving Ohio would be the best thing for well anyone. The issue... I'd be leaving everyone behind. Despite its hardships, living here hasn't been the worst.

This was probably just a response to all the killings lately and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of other families were thinking of moving as well. I can't say what's for the best either.

Marco: I think I'll head to bed early.

Sonya: There's a key in the kitchen to the shack over there. It might be a little hot but at least you won't have to worry about my brothers.

Marco: That suppose to be the guest house?

Sonya: Daddy wanted to put it to use somehow. Most of our stuff is in the garage so...

I just nod and go get myself ready to sleep. I won't have much to sleep or change into while I'm here but hopefully, it'll only be another day till we head back. When I'm finally inside, I'm joined by Dustin.