Arc V - Chapter 24

Y/N POV

Though things turned out for the better, the future did worry me. If Viego was willing to take me over the fetter and the voice is involved, I am in serious danger. This is why Lucian came to Teemo and Riven last night while I was sleeping or rather trying to fall asleep and left on a mission to the Freljord. Senna is gonna give them an earful just like in the novel. I just hope Vex doesn't give them too many problems. I kinda wish I could see that interaction go down. Part of me is saying Teemo would go crazy and lay it on her but I'm not entirely sure that would happen. Vex is kinda on a mission after all and Olaf might be an issue.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to give Olaf a passive and aggressive state of mind is stupid. Having to actually go and piss someone off after pacifying them in the middle of all the chaos is really weird and throws things off. That's like having to flip a switch in someone's brain. Kinda like that one Spongebob Episode where Patrick lost his head and became smart after Spongebob gave him the wrong one. The difference is that Olaf being passive in a serious situation makes no sense while Patrick being smart after getting a new head isn't supposed to.

It is a kid's show after all. Crap, now that I went and thought about all that, I can't fall asleep anymore. Seeing that sleep is in fact for the weak, I get up and get some shoes on. I had to be a little quiet as some of the other sentinels were still asleep. Didn't know what I was gonna do so for now, I just go and find a place that was just outside or like it. There was a long corridor that was somewhat open. Right now, the moon was on full display and the air was quite cool. It felt nice on my skin and as I enjoyed that feeling, I got back to thinking what was happening on Earth. I was beginning to worry and this was only the second day technically.

Every minute that goes by, I get more and more worried. I don't expect Evelynn to be a slow learner. She'd do anything to get as much agony as possible. I do need to start thinking about what I'll do after I bind her though. There's already a big mess to clean up and half the state is panicking cause of it. There's also no guarantee that I can get Evelynn to change her ways. She's a natural sadist.

While lost in my train of thought, someone taps me on the shoulder, making me look in that direction. When I saw no one, I felt a tap on my other shoulder. Grinning a little, I look just slightly in that direction before turning my head immediately back.

Gwen: Aw, I thought you were too tired to realize.

Y/N: I'm not too tired, to be honest. What about you?

Gwen: As much as I enjoy sleeping and dreaming, life is too valuable to be stuck in a place where nothing truly matters.

I don't know if I agree with that statement entirely but I get what she's saying. Leaning on the ledge in the center of the moonlight, I gesture to her... PJs and bed hair. She looked like Bailey on a Monday.

Y/N: I take it you just woke up?

Gwen: I've been awake for a few minutes. Mostly just... looking at this...

She pulls out the Silver Flower that houses a piece of Isolde's soul in it. Since Isolde is Gwen's creator, it makes sense that the latter would be attracted to her fragment. This is accurate cause Gwen has another fragment within herself. It's the whole reason for her existence as well. Then came my moment of hesitation. With every champion I meet, I get the feeling that I need to bind them. I'll have two slots after I deal with Evelynn but I need to spend another to get home. After seeing The Polygons and Souls of Champions, I'm even more hesitant about killing them. There's so much about the mark that I don't understand. For all I know, I also have Aurelion Sol's magic, magic that can create stars and life on them. That thought was honestly really terrifying.