Arc IV - Chapter 40

Thresh POV

He certainly knows how to take his time. This lowly tavern while is good for sticking with the crowd unfortunately gets this creature excited.

Evelynn: That young man in the corner looks scrumptious.

Thresh: Aren't you busy feeding off all the poor families that are rebelling against the anti-mage movement this holy than thou place is busy with?

Evelynn: It's no fun if it's only in the air. I need to hear it, smell it, taste it, and most importantly-

Thresh: Feel it, yes, I know.

At the very least she gave the boy's group a little fright. All we had to do now was wait for the signal and move the conflict into the area. I wish I knew more about the details. Last time I agreed to one of these I was made a fool of. At least, that's what I'm able to glean past the fog.

Evelynn: Cheer up sourpuss. When we lure him away, the trap will be ready and we get what we both want.

Thresh: I doubt you know what the trap is. We were given so few details on this job I'd be insane to not ask questions. You'd be wise to do the same.

Evelynn: I never pegged myself for being wise.

Thresh: Right. You need only rely on the carnal desires of mankind to get what you want.

She smirks and winks at me before taking a sip of her ale. That same reliance has caused us some problems since we've gotten here. She refuses to take on a less attractive form even though we need to be discreet. Demacia is already one of the riskiest areas we both can be in. With the Sentinels of Light so close and Evelynn's little hunter she traumatized, we'd have many issues if caught. A handsome man then comes up to Evelynn, ignorant of her true form.

Young Man: Hello there ma'am. Can I buy you a drink?

Evelynn: Most certainly.

As the two mingled and flirted I rolled my eyes and continued playing with the gold coin I had. Aside from tormenting the souls I had gathered and people-watching for my next collect, this was my way to pass the time. Evelynn then placed a few gold coins on the table next to me with her arm wrapped around the young man's.

Evelynn: For the drinks partner.

Thresh: Thanks...

She left with a giggle to enjoy her plaything. All the while I had to add extra to pay for our drinks. I should've expected she'd only pay for a tenth of them. During the silent moment I had, I observed the rest of the tavern for anything to entertain myself with. That's when I notice a man with a white hood and a familiar crest. A moment later, I felt my prey moving away from the safe zone he was imprisoned in.

I think I'll probe someone for information before pursuing you, boy.

Y/N POV

Oh god, I was anxious. While the others were to march toward the camp and form a perimeter near it, I had to ride on Starfire, Lux's personal horse. It was a little awkward trying to explain how she knew where the camp was when it had just popped up but we managed to keep things a secret.

Lux: Okay, you ready?

Y/N: As ready as I can be.

Lux: Just know that I won't be able to help you after a certain point. Sylas and I aren't...

Y/N: You don't have to explain. Just be sure to get back to the others before trouble shows up.

She nods and gets Starfire to start galloping through the woods. Since the camp was so far up north it would be a little bit before we arrived. Just after about twenty or so minutes, I felt a chill run up my spine. They were coming and we had no idea where they were. All I could do was hold my breath and pray that we weren't running straight into their arms. Lux must have sensed my distress and got Starfire to run faster. The sooner we get to Sylas' camp, the sooner we can hopefully put this to rest.