Arc V - Chapter 8

Sonya POV

As I hit the bottom step, thinking really hard about what Y/N said, I turned my head and saw Marco flipping between news channels. Both Treyvon and Dustin were on their phones, hopefully looking at news articles.

Sonya: Anything so far.

Marco: Either it's a private investigation or nobody feels like talking about it.

Dustin: Where we live it is most certainly the latter.

Treyvon: Give it a little bit. If this demon lady really is a big threat, they'll bring it up.

I hope you're right Trey. We all know how shitty the government can be when it comes to revealing certain information. That kinda brings us back to the other champions. They SHOULD know about them due to all the pictures but nothing has been said. This had better not be a secret experiment by them or something. I don't like the idea of being a lab rat for those people. Suddenly, the TV was forced to swap to an immediate breaking news story.

News Reporter: We interrupt this program with a breaking news story. Last night, a couple reported to the local authorities that they heard screaming from the alleys near Arlington Heights at West Third Street. Upon investigation, a pair of men were found dead right in the middle of the walkway. Their bodies had been completely mangled in a grueling sight that would turn the stomachs of the most seasoned veterans.

Dustin: Finally! Some actual news on this bitch.

Kai'sa: Quiet.

We could kinda see what was going on but the bodies that were being put into body bags were completely censored. Judging from one of the deputy's reactions to the sight, it no doubt was horrible.

News Reporter: That night, patrols were increased and civilians were to report any strange findings directly to the authorities. Just this morning, a total of thirteen bodies including the two found last night were discovered, all with similar wounds.

Teemo: Holy moly...

Kai'sa: He mentioned West Third Street in Arlington Heights. That's where I'm heading.

Teemo: Not by yourself you're not.

Kai'sa: I don't mind the help but we need to be quick.

Rakan: How about you two stay and hear the whole report. He's still talking.

News Reporter: That's not where the mystery ends though as every victim was found with large stab wounds too large to be a knife or a sword of any origin. Upon analyzing these wounds further, authorities found a strange violet glow at the bottom of the wound. Further investigation is still underway as officers are unable to identify what this means. All civilians are to remain on high alert when outdoors, especially during the night. The Mayor is planning to make an announcement later today on potential-

Marco switches the channel off and looks at Kai'sa.

Marco: If you are not careful...

Kai'sa: I will be. Come on Teemo.

As she turns her suit thingy on, Teemo hops on her back and the two head out.

Dustin: Those two got some balls for doing this during the day. Then again, when Kai'sa first started hanging out with us, she'd watch Y/N all day without getting caught once.

Marco: She has plenty of experience. Teemo no doubt has just as much if not more. Seeing how serious the situation is, I doubt he'll fuck around.

Nobody wants to find out!