Arc II - Chapter 13

Y/N POV

My chest slowly raised up before going back down in a slow manner. My body was still sore and I was barely conscious to this point. I honestly felt kinda loopy. Could barely tell if Marco was there. Really hope nobody told my family about my condition. I'm sure Marco thought about it ahead of time, he was always really smart. I then let out a long yawn before just closing my eyes and drifting off into sleep. My eyes then shoot open as I hear a loud thundering noise. What I saw was the starry sky above me or rather all around me. As I looked around, I saw the familiar fingers of a Celestial Dragon.

I had to take a moment to not panic again before looking up at him.

Aurelion Sol: Much better than last time. You're learning.

Y/N: Never know when the biggest thing in the universe is gonna crush you. It probably wouldn't even notice.

Aurelion Sol: I would if I deem you important enough. Luckily, you're one of those few.

I certainly don't feel important, especially since I seem to get my butt kicked more than anything else.

Y/N: So why the talk now? Can you only do this after I leave the game?

Aurelion Sol: That's the best time to do it anyways. Your tie to Runeterra is at its strongest then. I'm sure you've noticed something very off during your time.

Y/N: Yeah. The strange points of time. First, the Summoners Festival when the Summoners are no longer canon. The next thing I know, I'm in the time after the Sentinels of Light event. Unless I'm time hopping, I ain't got a clue.

Aurelion Sol: You would be right to assume that it is time-related but not in a way that makes sense. Remember what I said about our world being a flawed dimension?

Y/N: Yeah? Are you saying time doesn't flow correctly there either?

The dragon hums before looking off into the distance. I follow his gaze and see none other than Runeterra. It was quite beautiful to look at.

Aurelion Sol: A marvelous globe I created and I've seen its end more times than I care to count.

Seen its end? Would that suggest time does flow normally? No, there's more to it than that, especially if he's seen it more than once.

Aurelion Sol: The issue with our world is that time has no proper balance. Things blend together to create a series of events that shouldn't be possible. Those impossible periods of time create all new ones that even our creators don't think about.

Y/N: Riot Games not knowing about events they could create? How long have you been doing this?

Aurelion Sol: Far too long.

He looks back down at me, a noticeable displeasure in his eyes. Wait, I think I put it together. The Isekai Runeterra has no set flow of time so several different things happen all at the same time despite being theoretically impossible. By removing Ahri from the game the events of the Ruined King RPG should've played out very differently, yet the end result with Thresh was still the same. A-sol also mentioned seeing Runeterra's end far many times which would imply some sort of reset once things reach a certain point in time. There are also brand new events popping up because of previous events clashing together. It's as if time itself doesn't know where it's going.

Y/N: I want to know something. How exactly are you here?

Aurelion Sol: You figured it out have you? The answer is simple. I managed to find a way to exit this world's flow of time. While outside I cannot interact with the world in the time flow, lest I get pulled back into it and lose all memories I've made outside. I'd be stuck in a cycle again.