Arc IV - Chapter 10

Y/N POV

Oh god... The walk home Thursday felt longer than usual. Every step I took felt like I was lifting a weight. Though I was a little more confident than before, I was still really nervous. I made sure to take a deep breath as I kept walking in the middle of the group.

Dustin: I'm glad you ain't got asthma.

Marco: Given what he goes through, he wouldn't have survived the first trip.

Dustin: Even more reason to be glad.

Thank god I'm a healthy kid. Hoping that health won't be compromised by working out with Sonya and Treyvon, and potentially Kai'sa as well. I've been giving them all the needed info like my weight, water intake, and so on. Since I'm currently skinny, that means I rely on my bones more than muscle. Makes me wonder if I should drink more milk.

Sonya: Just remember that we'll be close by. I don't know how close but we will be. That's a promise.

Dustin: I'm gonna practice some Fortnite skills and jump into the nearest bush.

Marco: I hope whatever insect inside said bush eats you alive.

Dustin: Bitch, I bite back.

Y/N: I'll warn you now that they don't taste like chicken.

Dustin: You would know how?

Guess he had me beat there. We stop at the front of the house and see Ahri and Kai'sa sitting on the front porch, waiting for me.

Kai'sa: You got here later than usual. Need to relax a bit?

Y/N: L-listen, I'm glad you're getting used to everything but um... please don't do this every time. I'm not a master waiting to be pampered by a bunch of servants.

Ahri: We do it because we want to. And you certainly need the help as well.

Y/N: But-

Dustin then comes up and spanks me, making me yelp.

Y/N: The hell dude?!

Dustin: You said butt so I targeted the butt.

Sonya bops him over the back of the head and then looks back at me.

Sonya: As far as I can tell, only Ahri is working and she isn't exactly getting a lot of money anyways. If helping you relax when you get home can help you keep providing for them like the sweet bean that you are, that's what they've gotta do.

Marco: That's one way to pay rent, I guess.

He stops for a moment, thinking to himself while I was being pulled inside. Teemo and Rakan were playing Guilty Gear Strive in the living room and paid us no attention. That's when I got a text from my stepmom, letting me know that they'll be here in a few minutes.

Y/N: Okay, so we don't have much time left guys. That includes you two as well.

Rakan: Just one more match. This is the type of music that gets a man going in the middle of a fight.

Teemo: I need to turn the damn music off! It's giving him power!

Ahri leans over to me, playfully tickling my nose with her ear for a second.

Ahri: Rakan started playing about an hour ago and he's won every match so far.

Dustin: Any T.O.D. yet?

Ahri: I'm fairly certain he's figuring it out.

I need to see how Rakan might fair in DOOM Eternals Ultra Nightmare difficulty. Actually, let's not do that. I don't want to know if Mick Gordan's killer OST would turn Rakan into a demon-slaying maniac. Though, I am curious about what he would think about it. Marco then comes in and kinda pulls me back a bit.