Arc IV - Chapter 9

Y/N POV

Wednesday school was over and we were heading back to our homes. I had actually planned on delaying someone's arrival home so I could speak with them about the conversation I had with the Rioter yesterday. The issue with it not being Marco is the fact that... I had to either pick Dustin who isn't exactly going to sugarcoat things or Sonya who might not give any advice that would mean something. A sigh escapes my lips and the gang takes notice.

Sonya: You feeling stressed again?

Y/N: Not exactly. I'm just thinking about something.

Dustin: You spend too much time thinking.

No sugar, no coat. He is right though. I spend too much time thinking and that causes issues. The problem with doing something different now is going to be the fact I won't know how to use them properly. I think I made my choice though.

Y/N: Dustin, can I come over to your place for a bit?

The way he snaps his neck toward me with a look of confusion almost made me laugh. He seemed so dumbfounded that I actually asked that question.

Dustin: Buddy, need I remind you about the last visit you gave me?

Marco: You mean last year?

Sonya: I just don't like your mom.

Dustin: Your mom ain't no better.

Sonya: Fucking!

Y/N: Alright! Everyone calm down.

That escalated quickly. While Sonya fumed, Dustin just laughed.

Dustin: I'm just pulling your leg girl. Your mom's red velvet cakes are bussin.

Not very often do we hear him use that word. It usually means he actually likes it. He can be a good liar sometimes though.

Dustin: Sure, you can come over. Just don't complain about the mess.

Marco: Or smell.

Dustin: I got Furbreeze motherfucker.

Marco: Right.

Got a real dysfunctional family right here. I wouldn't trade it for anything though. Sonya then gives me a pat on the shoulder.

Sonya: I'm gonna go on to your house if that's okay. I wanna hang out with Ahri and... maybe apologize to Kai'sa.

Y/N: Yeah, that's alright.

Marco: Looks like I'll be flying solo then. I'll make sure to stay close by tomorrow in case anything bad happens.

Y/N: You don't have to.

Dustin: Buddy boy, we're all going to be doing that. Last time we left you alone in that situation, things turned out for the worst. You're lucky to be alive after diving headfirst into a war.

Yeah, I guess that's a fair point. Seeing that I'm not going to win the argument, I don't push it any further. As our group splits up, I stuck with Dustin as planned and arrive at his house. Unlike mine which was tidy and clean, Dustin's was kinda... smelly and dirty. It wasn't horrible horrible but it was bad. His mother Jannet was sitting in the living room watching Guy's Grocery Games with a cigarette in her mouth. When she took notice of us, she smiled a little.

Jannet: Been a while brains.

Y/N: Hey Ms. Winters.

She got up to give me a pat on the head and then pulled on Dustin's cheek which doesn't make him wince.