Chapter 49

The following weekend, Amilia walked around the castle's main floor. Students rushed about, discussing whether they got a table at the tea house. Amilia and Severus had not entirely decided what to do, but he said he would plan something.

Minerva walked up to her, "Good afternoon."

Amilia smiled at her, "How are you today?"

"I could be better if I could go to the Three Broomsticks."

Amilia furrowed her eyebrows, "Why?"

Minerva raised her eyebrows slightly, "I suppose if I could see my late husband, that is where I would go."

"I see." Amilia looked over her shoulder to see if a particular pink-wearing toad was listening. "I am saddened by the thought that you do not get to share the day with him, but do have a good rest of your day."

"I will." Minerva winked at her before walking in the direction of the library.

Amilia dashed for her office, grabbed the nearest cloak, threw it on, and walked briskly to Hogsmead.

At the Three Broomsticks, Amilia did not see Severus; however, she saw Eric hovering close by the door. "Have you seen?"

"No," He interrupted her, "however, there is something for you in my room."

"What?"

"Just, follow me."

Amilia sighed and followed him to the staircase near the bar. Eric led her to what she assumed was his room, and he unlocked the door. He stepped aside to let her in. Amilia stepped into the room cautiously.

Severus stood up and rubbed his hands against his pants nervously.

"What is this?" Amilia asked.

"You two deserve to have a romantic meal together." Eric said, trying to hide his displeasure.

"Whose room is this?"

"Does she ask a lot of questions from you too?" Eric asked Severus, "because she was always asking me things."

"Quite often."

Eric shook his head, "I'll be downstairs with the barkeeper, she's gonna have me hang out in the back so you two can have your time together. Food will be brought up soon."

Amilia grinned before walking further into the room.

"Oh, and no fucking anywhere in this room. I really don't wanna deal with that."

Amilia and Severus gave Eric a pointed look.

"You two have your own place to go to do that. Leave my room out of it." Eric said as he shut the door.

Amilia sighed and took off her cloak. "Was this your idea?"

Severus shook his head, "This was his. I only had a little bit of time to tell Minerva so she could find you."

"I see."

A knock on the door as it opened, "I've got food loves." Madam Rosmerta walked in carrying a tray and set it down on the little table. On it sat shepherd's pie, a small heart-shaped lemon cake, a glass of wine, and what appeared to be sparkling juice.

"Thank you." Amilia and Severus said.

"Of course. Now, we can only give you a couple of hours before people wonder who I have working in the back." Madam Rosmerta said as she backed out of the room.

"This was wonderful." Amilia said as she rubbed her full belly.

Severus finished the last of his wine and leaned back, groaning. "I should not have eaten that cake."

Amilia laughed, "Too much?"

"Just a little." Severus eyed her, "I was surprised that Eric offered to do this."

"As am I."

"Did he do things like this for you...when you two were together?"

Amilia shrugged, "Not exactly. He would surprise me with lunch or dinner sometimes when I was working late, but I came second in that relationship."

Severus watched the sour look spread across her face, "Get up."

"What?"

Severus stood and held out his hand, a small smile on his lips. Amilia took it and stood up. Severus pulled her close and began to turn in a circle slowly. Amilia smiled and shook her head. "Well, it has been over a year since we have danced."

"Ah, yes, the Yule Ball. That was an eventful night."

Severus rubbed the tip of his nose against hers, "Yes, it was."

Amilia laid her head on his chest, sighing happily. Slowly they turned even though there was no music to be heard. Severus lifted his eyes as he listened to the soft click of the latch on the door. Eric stood in the doorway, trying his best to hide the distaste in his mouth. "It looks like our time is up, love."

Amilia sighed, "Thank you, Eric, this was very nice of you."

"You're welcome."

Severus helped Amilia with her cloak, "I will meet you at the castle later." He gave her a gentle swat and watched as she walked out the door.