Maverick

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence. Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships – lot's or red flags, so trigger warning for that. Please do not read if you have a problem with anything above.

--- Chase's Point of View ---

I ran to the room, and moved the heavy door open, Rooster turned and looked at me shocked, he was in his boxers and seemed to be making the bed more comfortable.

The moment I saw him my heart started to ache badly, he gave me a smile, then I saw him look at my face closer, his eyes narrowing.

"Babe...sweetheart what is it?"

I all but jumped into his arms, I buried my head into the crook of his shoulder and neck sobbing.

"Fuck what happened."

He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist, he held me there and sat on the bed, I held onto him like my life depended on it – in may ways it did.

"He's on that ship...he's fucking on that ship."

"Who..."

He gently moved my arms from around his neck and took my face in his hands and made me look at him, his puples seemed ot be so wide that his normally brown eyes looked almost black.

"Did you see him."

I nodded.

"The Vice Admerial showed me with his binoculars, it's him, it's him."

"Shit...did he look alright?"

The moment he asked that qestoion my heart softened a little, I did my best to think about what I saw.

"He looked...he didn't look well." That was the truth, he looked sad and grim, Rooster looked to the side and seemed to be thinking something.

He moved me to the side and laid me down on the bed, instantly I curled up into a ball.

"I will be back soon...stay here."

"I don't like being without Rooster... for the first time in a long time I feel safe."

"I know, lock the door behind me, I'll knock five times when I am here, don't open it for anyone."

I nodded and then curled up into a ball again, I felt myself start crying, Rooster kissed my cheek and left, I wanted them both, I needed both of them, why didn't Hangman want to be with us – why didn't he want to be with me?

--- Roosters Point of View ---

I walked to the mid-level deck, I saw that we had a connection to the other boat, I walked up to one of the privates.

"Hey I need to speak to someone over there."

"Do you have clearance to do so."

"Yes." I knew if I got into trouble, Chase would smooth it over, I needed to see Hangman, now. The private took me at my word and moved over.

When I got on the boat I looked around and found another Lieutenant.

"Excuse me, would you perhaps know where Lieutenant Jake Seresin is?"

"Yeah, last I saw he was walking to the mess hall."

"Thank you."

I had been on this boat before so I knew where it was, when I got there I found a small alcove and waited, I saw him eating when the door opened for a moment, I would wait for him.

After what felt like hours but was most likely just minutes he walked out of the mess hall alone, when he passed by me I grabbed him, pushing him forward into a room.

I moved and slammed him against the wall, knocking the wind out of him, he looked at me and I saw his eyes soften and sadness fill them.

"Bradley..." He softly muttered.

"Look I get why you left me, you and I haven't always gotten along, but why the fuck did you leave her, she needs us both...leaving us alone in the room like that – she was terrified and frankly so was I. Why did you fucking make that bad choice?"

"Rooster I..." I put my arm against his throat, not pressing it but letting him know that I could.

"Don't lie, I know you love her, you love her as much as I do, what the hell is going on?"

He dry swallowed, pushed me back a little, I let him but still squared up to him.

"I didn't leave her of my own choosing." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Who told you to?"

"Maverick."