What happened?

--- Rooster's Point of View ---

I hung my head for a moment when he was gone and simply started to cry.

I had seen the crash, I looked around, did a fly by...there was no parachute around there.

What the fuck had happened? He was a good pilot, we were well matched in so many ways. Why the fuck didn't he eject, seriously what happened?

I felt my stomach turn and I leaned my head into the sheets and let out a moan of pain, I suddenly felt so upset about it.

I stood up and leaned down and kissed her forehead, then I gently put my hand on your lower stomach.

I knew that I was going to protect his daughter with my life.

I took a deep breath and decided to go outside for some fresh air.

I walked down the hallways, not really realizing where I was going, or at least not really paying attention to where I was walking, my body was on auto pilot.

Soon I was outside, I looked up at the stars that were shining bright, it was a crescent moon tonight I found myself backing up against the side of building.

I took a deep breath and let myself sob, I covered my face with my hands and just let it out, I was in such pain.

I looked back up at the sky, the sound that came out of my mouth was a growl that was almost animalistic in nature.

I wasn't sure if I could do this on my own.

I took a few deep breaths and I walked back into the infirmary.

--- Chase's Point of View ---

When I woke up my whole body was in pain, I struggled a little and I realized the problem was Rooster was passed out in my lap, well his upper torso was, he was sitting in a chair.

I looked down at him and raised the top part of the bed, the shifting didn't wake him up.

I dry swallowed.

I felt so alone, I knew that was stupid, I had Rooster, but...my child, my daughter, had lost her father.

I leaned back on the bed and cried, what the fuck had happened. He was an outstanding pilot, I wanted answers, and I didn't care how much red tape or people I had to go through to get some answers.

I gently shook Rooster, he sat up looking confused, I didn't know what to say to him, he looked at me sadly, cupping my face with his hand he leaned forward kissing me.

The way he smelled and having him close was a comfort to me, but my heart was still shattered and I wondered if it would ever be whole again.