Light

Warning!! Chapter may contain consensual but rough sexual play, sexual submission, oral sex and extreme BDSM, sexual and physical violence. Chapter contains elements of toxic relationships.

---Rooster's Point of View ---

"There must be some mistake, how sure are you of this? I mean where is your proof?"

"The proof is above your paygrade Rooster, but I have seen the evidence, and it is true. Trust me there isn't a mistake about this, he's a tractor."

I leaned back and took a sip of my coffee, not really tasting it at all.

I sat there for a moment and simply tried to think things over in my mind.

"Fuck... how long are they going to be gone?"

" I'm not sure, but I'm sure that she's not in danger." I proclaimed, I didn't know where it came from, but when I said it I realized that it was a matter of fact, and I was very certain of that.

"Yes she is, look I know that you..." He paused for a second, clearly thinking over his words. "I know that you care about the man."

I gave him a very direct look, I wasn't meaning to be an asshole, but I didn't agree with that.

"She's pregnant with his child, they are going to have a daughter, he would never hurt her – so if he is a traitor – why has he not been arrested?"

I looked down and I saw how uncomfortable he was at the question, I didn't shift my gaze, I kept on looking at him, waiting for an answer.

"It's not as black and white as that."

That was a cop out answer.

"So he's a traitor but he can't be prosecuted for it, but it is serious enough that need to take Chase away from him – while she pregnant?"

"Yes, you just need to trust me on this."

I ran a frustrated hand though my hair, doing my best to get in my emotions that were about to become erratic under control.

"I understand that your hands are tied on telling me anything specific and I do trust you Mav, and if I thought that she was in danger I would run with her, but I don't think she would come with me willingly, and I certainly can't make her do anything."

When I said this I realized that Mav hadn't really thought about that because his expression changed.

"Okay... maybe you can't leave with her, but you need to keep her close to you, keep an eye on her."

I sighed, how was I going to be able to deal with Hangman when I now know this about him? I was terrible at poker, I had a sinking feeling that he might see right though me.

--- Chase's Point of View ---

"I find it kind of hot that you can built a fire." Hangman added as I put a log on the fire, I looked around, we were in a remote area of the desert.

"Why are we so far out here?"

He smiled at me and walked to the side of the RV where storage was and opened it, he pulled out what I saw was a telescope.

"I didn't want light pollution, there is supposed to be a meteor shower in a few hours."

He smiled at me and I smiled back at him, I realized I hadn't been this happy in a while, he did that for me, being with him I felt safe and loved.

"Stargazing, that is romantic." I giggled, because it was, seriously he could be so smooth sometimes.

"Also if I make you moan and cry out, no one will hear you, and I've always wanted to make love out in the open like this, trust me, no one is going to see us here."

In spite of myself I turned away and started blushing at the idea of making love to him under the stars, there was something primal to that.