Chapter 125

Erika and Nick ran around the house, arguing over a stuffed bear. Arthur and Amelia were trying to defuse the siblings' argument, but so far, it wasn't working.

"Erika!" Amelia yelled as she chased after Nick. "Shit." She ran a hand through her blonde curls. "Nicholas!"

"Give it back!" Six year old Erika yelled.

"It's my turn!" Seven year old Nick retorted.

"I had it first!"

"It's my bear!"

"Enough!" Arthur yelled, making both siblings stop and stare at their father. They knew when he yelled like that, they were in some big trouble.

"I've about had it with you two arguing over a damn bear!" Arthur took the bear from Nick and handed it to Amelia. "You two both need a timeout to calm down before I lose my shit. Rooms now." He pointed down the hall.

The two Morgan's whined as they sauntered down the hallway towards their bedrooms. Amelia shook her head and laid the bear down on the couch. "These kids are pushing my buttons, I swear."

Arthur ran his hand through his sandy brown hair and leaned against the back of the couch. "I hate yelling at them like that." He sighed.

Amelia's stomach twisted and turned as she leaned against the couch, her knuckles turning white from how hard she gripped the back of the couch. Her face grew with pain and discomfort, and Arthur noticed. He laid his hand on her lower back, rubbing it soothingly.

"You okay?"

Amelia gagged before rushing to the bathroom, puking into the toilet mere seconds before she missed it. Her stomach continued to turn as she emptied this mornings breakfast out of her stomach. Arthur rushed in after her, holding her hair back as she continued puking while his other hand caressed the small of her back.

After she finished, she leaned back into her husbands chest, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. She drew in a deep breath, heaving as she regained her ability to breathe. Arthur rubbed her sides as she leaned over the toilet.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly.

Amelia nodded slowly.

"I think we should get you to a doctor."

"What about the kids?"

"We can drop them off with Abigail and John for a little bit."

Amelia nodded, slowly standing up with Arthur's help. She walked cautiously to the living room, holding onto Arthur for support. He sat her down on the couch while Arthur got the two kids.

He opened Nick's bedroom door first. Nick was sitting on his bed with a wooden buffalo Charles had carved for him. He looked up when his bedroom door opened.

"Get dressed. I gotta take your Momma to the doctor, and you and your sister are goin to Aunt Abigail and Uncle Johns for a little bit."

"Is Mommy okay?" He questioned, worry covering his eyes.

"I'm sure she's fine, buddy, but get dressed."

He shut Nick's door and walked down the hall a little more to his daughters room. He cracked the door and saw Erika on the floor drawing. She looked up at him.