chapter 25

Martina's pov

*Mercedes' presence woke me up, she was placing the food on the table. When she turned around and noticed me, she gave me a smile and headed to the exit*

Me: Good morning, I- oh, good morning Jorge

*He came in too and walked over to Merecedes. He grabbed her arm and pulled her closer, leaning against her ear. Mercedes was red like a tomato, while Jorge was enjoying her interest in him*

Jorge's pov

*I pulled Mechi close, whispering in her ear*

J: I still owe you a hang out. You have time tonight?

Me: Yeah, tonight

*With those words, she left and I turned at Martina who was looking at me confused*

J: Ehm... sorry, that was important. Now, take your medicine please

*She took up the pills and swallowed them, keeping her eyes on me. She wants to tell me something.*

J: You want to tell me something, am I right?

*She vacillated for a while but then nodded*

J: Tell me

*No answer. She turned to the tray and started eating*

J: I'm not having a good time Martina. My parents came to my appartment yesterday, well, we can say they came without my permission. And what they told me... I knew it would come but I wasn't ready. They want me to find a girlfriend. But I ain't got time for that. My priority is this right now, you are on the first place Martina. It sounds overstated but I want you to know that I mean it. Really. And I am very happy that you're moving on because of me. That I am the one who helps you.

*I was too busy talking that I didn't realize that I'm getting closer and closer. But she didn't stop me. Her eyes were fixed on me, watching every move, but she didn't react. If I'd raise my hand, I could touch her now.*

J: Wait... you... you don't mind that I am so close?

*Martina looked in my eyes and I saw it. She is hanging off the cliff. She doesn't like this and is frightened but wants to quell it... Martina is doing her best and really wants me to touch her...*