chapter 59

Martina's pov

*The first thing I saw after opening my eyes was Mariana looking at me furiously*

Ma: It's a new day, I give you a new chance so don't mess it up!

*I sat up and looked at her confused*

M: What?

Ma: Start caring about me! And change behaviour against that guy!

M: I think telling you three times isn't enough. But I won't explain anymore.

Ma: I am telling you to stop being so trustful! Jorge will fool you sooner or later!

M: He won't. Jorge is the first person to keep on working with me for so long. Why would he fool me?

Ma: You hear yourself Martina?! You chose a stranger over me?!

M: It look like!

Ma: Okay, but remember! You will have a secret with him once again and I am done with you!

*She said and slapped me. My cheek burned and some tears rolled down my face, just when Jorge came in. Damn...*

J: Martina, you alright? Who did that to you?

*He said and kneeled on the floor towards me.*

J: Martina, tell me who did it.

*He took my hand and caressed it. I freezed for a while but then found his touch... so calming... I looked at Mariana who was looking at me with so much anger. And I was scared of her.*

M: No, nobody. It's... I am okay.

J: Well... I trust you. But I am here if you want to talk.

M: I know.

Jorge's pov

*We didn't really do anything. Martina was distracted all the time and didn't listen to what I said. But I know what is happening. Everything.*

J: Mechi, can I talk to you for a while?

Me: Yes, go on

J: Am I the only one who thinks Martina is... different?

Me: Yes, she is. She stopped talking to me.

J: I know what is going on with her.

Me: What?

J: Martina has schizophrenia. She thinks her doll is real and can do real things.

Me: And, how do you wnat to stop it?

J: I have to think about this... well... it's... already that late?! I gotta go!

Me: On a date, ha?

J: I prefer calling it a banquet

Me: With Stephie?

J: Yes

Me: Huh. Have fun. I doubt that but have fun

J: Thank you Mechi!

Me: See you tomorrow!