chapter 99

Jorge's pov

J: So basically my father wants me to marry Stephie because of her rich father.

M: This is stupid. Humans are strange.

J: You are a human too

M: But I lived differently than all of you for... six years? I'm locked in the hospital since my childhood so, this seems very stupid to me

J: I gotta deal with that someday. Now, we're in the centre of town

M: It's your day, you guide me

J: Yeaah. I love the word "guide"

...

J: Are you tired? Mabye we could sit over there for a while.

M: Alright.

*We arrived at a bench, right under a big tree. The autumn wind blew the leaves down, all over the place. One man was raking them on a hillock which Martina couldn't get her eyes off.*

J: What is it?

M: I remember, when I was younger, I used to jump in hillocks like this. The funniest time of the autumn

*I watched the man leaving around the corner of the building, then nudged Martina*

J: You have your chance now

*Without answering, she jumped in the leaves and rolled from left to right like a puppy. She is so shy in the hospital but since this morning, she's acting like a whole new person*

??: HEY! STOP IT!

*The man's voice thundered to us*

J: I'm sorry mister

??: You ruined my work!

J: We are leaving now, sorry again

*I pulled Martina up and dragged her further, away from the man.*

M: That was so much fun!

J: Just let me-

*I said, removing the leaves from her hair*

Martina's pov

*He placed his hands in my hair and started cleaning me off. He was so close, that I couldn't ignore it and looked at his face. Tanned skin, a small dimple looing great next to his white teeth. The color of his eyes fascinated me. Not green, not brown. But very attractive. We are way too close now. But I couldn't get my eyes off him. Suddenly, I cared about what he thinks so much. If he likes me. My attitude. If he is disgusted because I'm psychically diferent from the other girls.*

J: Done, beautiful again. Not saying that you weren't with the leaves in your hair.

*He looked at me, directly in my eyes and made an eye contact. That was the moment he realized we are too close. But he didn't back. He placed his hands on my back and pulled me even closer.*