chapter 96

Martina's pov

*I wasn't able to sleep since yesterday. Of course, I said I felt good enough to go out. But now I get more nervous by every minute he should come.*

J: Hi

*He said and came in, just when my heart almost stopped.*

J: Did you sleep well?

M: Yes, but I'm so nervous

J: It will be a nice day, trust me. So, I guess you don't have your own clothes here because, I think, your clothes are too... small for you now.

*He gave me a bag and I opened it, seeing some clothes and a new pair of shoes!*

J: Mechi and one of my friends, Cande, have chosen it

M: Thank you

*With those words, I left to the bathroom, to change clothes. Jeans and a t-shirt. I forgot how nice it is to wear normal clothes. Now the shoes. With laces. I put the shoes on but, the laces were a struggle for me. So I returned ro my room with them untied.*

J: You look gorgeous. Can we go?

M: Well, I...

*I looked down and so did he.*

J: Do you want me to help?

M: Yes, thank you

J: Okay, sit here

*I sat on the chair and he kneeled down towards me*

J: It's simple. You make two bunny ears and twist

*He said while doing it up.*

M: It's... embarrassing, I know. But I didn't know how to tie a lace until now

J: That doesn't matter, you know it now. Can we go?

M: ... yes.

*We headed to the exit, as we passed more and more strangers, the adrenalin and fear in my blood grew stronger. When I saw the door out, my hand slipped in Jorge's and held it tight. We stepped out and I took a deep breath. We were still in the hospital area but out of the building. A whole new world for me. I remember when was the last time I stood here. Almost three years ago.*

M: Where are we going?

J: We will walk, if you don't mind

M: Not at all

*Hand in hand, we walked on the path, passing a lot of people and cars. I am impressed of how things have changed. I am scared. But happy. I can't believe I am outside. Jorge stopped at the hospital lodge and talked to the man inside. While I was too busy watching the objects around*

J: We are out now. We will go to the calmer parts of the town first and if you'll want to, the center of Buenos Aires in the evening