chapter 106

Jorge's pov

*I didn't understand what my father said at first. All I could hear were... sobs. I knew what that means. I know, but I gotta make sure.*

Jd: Come now

J: Now?!

Jd: Hurry...

*With thise words, he hang up. I rurned at Martina who was looking at me worried, not realizing what my face expression looks like*

M: Is everything okay?

J: We gotta go, uh, I gotta go.

M: Why?

J: It's very important. Do you mind staying here?

M: I'm going with you

J: Alright, let's go

*I grasped her hand and dragged her to the car, we sat in and I raced to my parents' house.*

M: What is the emergency?

J: My father called. My mother...

M: Oh. I'm sorry to hear that

J: I just need to get there. To say goodbye

M: Can I... can I come in too?

...

*I rang on the doorbell and my father opened immediately. He was shaking and his eyes were red.*

Jd: Who is this girl?

J: She's here with me.

*I said, taking Martina's hand and passing my father. When we arrived at the bedroom, I kneeled down beside the bed.*

J: Mom?

*I placed my hand on hers and she turned her head slowly.*

Jm: You're here.

*Her voice was weak and very quiet. She was nearly whispering. Her eyes moved from me to Martina who was standing at the door*

Jm: Who is that adorable girl there?

J: Oh,

*I stood up, took Martina's hand and took her closer to the bed. We both kneeled down so my mom could see her.*

J: Mom, this is Martina, my-

Jm: I know who. You are gorgeous darling.

M: Thank you madam

Jm: Take care of yourselves. I had a good time here. Now I'll go and explore elsewhere.

M: I hope all your memories, good and bad, will follow you. Mabye you'll meet my mother up there.

Jm: I see you've been through a lot of things. But you stayed brave. That's important.

M: Your husband and Jorge will be alright. Don't worry about them.

Jm: I know. And I'm proud of you my son. Both of you my darlings.

J: Mom, I-

Jd: Jorge, promise me that you will always be there for Martina

J: I promise

Jm: Martina, please, take care of my son. He is my everything.

M: Of course

J: I love you mom

Jd: I love you too

*I leaned closer and kissed her forefead. Then she closed her eyes. Not long after, I felt the tears coming out.*

J: We'll be fine.