Chapter 98

A/n get your popcorn. You will need it.  It will get intense

Callie POV
After hanging up on the lady I stand in complete shock.
My birth mother who left me when I was 4.
What does she want?
Shawn hugs me but not for long. I pull away and head down stairs.
I see Shawn is following me slowly not knowing for sure what to do.
I sit on the couch and just look at the black t.v screen.
Shawn soon joins me on the couch and makes sure to keep his distance since he doesnt know what ill to do.
Shawn: "do you wanna talk about it?" He says in a low whisper
I shake my head no.
Shawn: "are you going to see her?" I shrug my shoulders.
I see him in the corner of my eye nodding slowly.
We sit there in complete silence.
No words coming out of neither of us.
Shawn: "can you please talk to me? Please dont shut me out. Callie I'm here for you. I want to be by your side and help you. I want to make sure no one hurts you. But I can't do that if you don't talk to me" he says slowly and quietly as if he's going to cry.
I lean my cheek on my knee and just stare at him.
I look at him for a little bit. You could tell he was hurting inside from me not telling him what I'm feeling.
But he doesn't know what its like. For years I wanted my mom back and cried for her at night. I finally realized that she wasn't coming back and I needed to except that, and I finally 100% accepted it and she wants to come back in my life.
How can someone be by my side and understand what's going on when theyve never went through it.
How would he ever understand?
Thats the thing he can't. He grew up with both of his parents never leaving his side. They accepted him through everything.
He won't understand, he never will.
Me: "I think you should go" I say weakly. I don't want him to. But I need to think without a pair of eyes looking at me waiting for a response.
We both stand up and he kisses my forehead
Shawn: "I love you" he whispers I could barley hear it.
He slowly leaves looking like he just died inside.
---well this was depressing.