✧ deaf - ethan

im watching SAB. that's what inspired me. :)

[ethans p.o.v]

there is this new girl. she is in my homeroom class, that's how I know her. she is deaf, which is interesting. yet, she communicates very well. she doesn't even have an interpreter. her name is [y/n].

she is new, yet everyone knows her. people say hi, wave, or even engage conversation.

I wish I could talk to her.
-
lunch time. I was dropping off my textbooks in my locker, as I saw alex m try to talk to [y/n]. she obviously couldn't hear him, since he was behind her.

"hey! new girl! nice shirt!" he shouted. she kept walking. "hey!" he added.

he placed a hand on her shoulder and spun her around. he began to shake her. "when I speak to you, you reply!"

she shook her head without breaking eye contact.

I slammed my locker and pushed him off her.

"are you fucking dumb? she's deaf!" I spat. he backed away. I turned to her.

"thanks." she replied, putting two fingers on her chin and flinging them forward. I nodded.

"no problem, look, ifthereisanyonebotheringyoujusttellm-"

"hey hey hey slow down!" she laughed. "i cant understand what youre saying if you ramble fast.

I cocked my head. "you can hear me?"

she shook her head in disappointment. "no, but I know what youre saying by reading your lips."

"oh! sorry." I blushed.

"no worries! whats your name?" she asked. "ethan."

"wow! ethan."

I bit my lip and nodded. "well [y/n], im going to be straight forward. youre very beautiful."

"thank you! youre not to bad yourself." she joked.

"can I get your number?"

"my what?" her eyebrows heaved together. "your number," i said, waving my phone. she smiled.

"aha, of course."

hi! have you watched SAB?