Mother's Pressure

Please ignore typos. As I'm just writing in a dark screen. 😂

Jungkook's POV

Lisa had to leave to buy something for dinner and I was left here in the hospital to watch over Ji-eun

I was peeling some mandarins when I heard Ji-eun's voice.

"Jungkook?" her weak, hisky voice called.

"Oh my God! Ji-eun? You're finally awake!" I ran to her side and sat beside her bed. I can't believe it! I stared at her face to check if she's got amnesia or what.

"Where am I?" she looked around looking a little lost. Then she tried to sit back up. I helped her by putting pillows on her back.

"You're here at the hospital. I rushed you here after the accident. Can you remember what happened last night?" I asked her gently. Looking at her now, it seems like she's finally okay.

"Yes..I remembered. But what is this?" she asked looking at her legs.

Shit.

This is it.

I am finally faced with this question.

This is moment that I have to tell her the tragic news and it's so hard. Really really hard to announce a news that will break her.

"Jungkook..what's this? I can't feel my legs! What happened?" her eyes widened in horror. Even if it's heart-wrenching, I need to tell her the truth before she hears it from others.

"Ji-eun..please listen...after the accident, it was said that you cannot walk again. Your legs sufferred from the impact. I'm deeply sorry Ji-eun." I apologized my heart out.

"What??? No! This is not be happening!!!" she angrily shook my shoulders while screaming at me.

"Jie-eun it's true...I'm so sorry. It was my fault."

"You're joking Jungkook! Tell me you're just lying. Please!"

"Ji-eun I'm not... I'm so so sorry. You can blame it all in me." I looked down guiltily. I can't face her right now.

It took time before she started crying. She was blaming me but I understand. And I can't bear seeing her like this. Her weak sobs made me pull her body to embrace. Her arms snaked around my torso almost immediately and she burried her face on my chest.

"Jungkook what will happen to me now? Who will take care of me? I have no family..If I can't walk, how will I work?" she tightened her arms around me as she continued to cry on my chest.

"Shh..I'll take care of you. I will also search for other doctor's opinion so--"

"What? No!" she shouted before pulling away from the hug. I was confused at her reaction.