Dream Girlfriend

Jungkook's POV

"Hi babe!" the most beautiful girl in the world waved her hand at me when she saw me roll my car window down

She ran to my car and hopped inside quickly.

I kiss Ji-eun's forehead and looked at her in admiration when she started buckling her seatbelt. 

Today, I am picking her from work at the entertainment agency for us to have a celebratory dinner of my first day as a teacher.

"So, how's your first day at work?" she asked.

"It was fine. I met different kinds of students. And I can confidently say that I can handle them well." I answered while my eyes are focused on the road. I can't help but smile now that I have something new to tell her.

When it comes to Ji-eun, I would always smile cause she's the only person who can make me smile like this. I hope she's proud of me though.

"That's good." she answered nonchalantly then she took her phone from her purse to message someone up.

I frowned at the sight. She seemed to not be excited with my first hand experiences. Or maybe I'm just being butthurt because I don't usually get the attention I crave from her.

Ji-eun and I have been together for two months now after my years of courting. But I can say that our relationship has not improved a bit even if we're finally official.

Back then she used to be my sweetest noona. Someone I always dreamed of ever since I was a kid. She was my neighbor and she used to play with me. We used to spend time together that my life just revolved around hers. Since then, my feelings for her started growing. The feeling was too strong that I really wished for her to be mine. I dreamed of her to be my girlfriend. I dreamed of her to be my wife.

My friends told me that this is just infatuation but I don't think so. I know I love her. She's my dream girl and I'm glad she accepted my feelings for her.

Since becoming official, my life has not always been rainbows and butterflies. Because apparently, we fought...a lot. But It is always her who causes the misunderstanding.

I sometimes think that she doesn't really love me just like how I love her. That she just accepted my feelings because to her it is convenient.

Ji-eun has always been ambitious ever since we were young. She said she wanted to be a teacher and I believed in her. I wanted to follow the path she wants to take so that I can get closer to her.

That's the reason why I took Education as a course.

Yes, it was never my plan and dream to become a teacher but when I heard that she wants to be one, I chose that path in a heartbeat.

My parents who are in the business world was against it. They said that teaching is hard and though it is a noble profession, teachers always recieves the least compensation.

But what can I do? I want to get close to Ji-eun in any way. Teaching was one way of getting us closer to one another.

And so imagine how disappointed I was when one day she changed her mind and told me she wants to become an actress instead. She pursued acting and landed few minor roles which made her very happy.

As for me, I continued the course I took and finished it half-heartedly.

Now that Ji-Eun got noticed in her acting, she suddenly wanted to do business and stop acting. I tried to stop her because I think it would be a waste. She's got fans already and she's gotten more popular. But she won't listen to me.

When she wants something, there is no more turning back.

And I hated it. I hated how impulsive she. We are completely opposite in these matter. I have always been responsible on the decisions I make and I make sure to it that I follow what I had set for my future but Ji-eun changes her mind always. She's careless and would switch decisions in a heartbeat.

But even if she's like that, I still try my best to understand her and support her.

That's how much I love her.

I don't care how many romantic dates she ditches, I don't care if she's not listening when I try to start a conversation,  I don't care if she refused my marriage proposals for how many times now. As long as she's my girlfriend, I'm contented.

I am happy enough.

"Drop me off at my house, I need to meet my friends from Australia. I promised them we would catch up." she said. Her eyes still fixed on her phone.

"I thought you agreed to have a dinner with me tonight?" I asked calmly. I don't want to piss her off.

"I know but I haven't seen these friends for two months. I'm so sorry babe? I promise I'll make it up to you next time okay?" she promised just like how she usually does.

"It's okay. Just.. Be careful driving later 'kay? I love you." I said.

"I will. Don't worry. I love you too"

With a heavy heart,  I dropped her off at her house. Then I called the restaurant to cancel the reservation I set for us.

This is nothing new to me. She's always busy with a lot of stuffs that she puts me on her least priority but I still understand.

As I said, as long as she's with me, I'm happy.

I'm happy, yeah.

I'm happy, I guess?

It was already dark when I started driving back home. As I was driving,  I didn't notice the person who was riding a bicycle driving too fast.

When my car hit a thud,  that's when I realized my car crashed into something.

I quickly pulled over and looked around for damages or if I hit someone.

My eyes widen and my heart sank when I realized that a person was lying infront of the car. His bike was broken under my car.

I can't see his face because he's wearing an oversized hoodie with an Iron Man print. And when I was about to help him up, he quickly stood and swat my arms away.

"Fuck off!" a woman's voice said. That's when I realized that she was a girl.

"Are you hurt?" I asked in worry looking down at her body. She didn't answer my question, instead she shouted at a running man "Give me back my bag you theif!!!" then she ran limply to the other side and chased the thief who is now running further.

I was startled and suddenly got guilty about what happened to her so I drove my car to where the thief was. But he was too fast and he got lost in my sight. I gave up on my search and tried searching for the girl to apologize and to at least send her to the hospital for what I did but she was no longer around.

I tried searching for her against the crowd but I didn't see her anymore.

What the fuck did I just do?

I need to see her again.

📖

Author's Note

My Dear Readers, this chapter and the following ones are aimed to give you a view and information of each of the characters.

Next will be Lisa's POV.