Final Chapter

It's finally the end 😭

Lisa's POV

You know that weird feeling as if someone is watching you while you sleep?

I could definitely feel that someone is watching me right now.

I opened my eyes and curiously looked around and I was really right.

Jungkook is watching me. He was just sitting on the chair next to our bed while staring at me.

I was weirded out by the way he is looking at me. But more importantly, I was more concerned of how he looked today.

Dark circles formed around his eyes. He looks like he's not yet slept yet as he was staring deep into my soul.

"What's the matter?" I asked concernly, my love looks restless as usual.

"Lisa, am I the worst husband? Am I the worst person? Did I fail you so much? Am I not worthy of you?"

He began asking questions after questions. And it got me thinking. It sure is hard to process his words when I just woke up but still I have a feeling that his question were because of what he learnt yesterday.

"I want to recall the past mistakes I did to help me understand why does this have to happen to you, God knows how much I treasure you but why is this happening?"

"Jungkook, It's not your fault. My uncle who used to beat me since I was young was the real fault here. This is not some punishment for you."

"I just couldn't understand why? All my life, the only thing I prayed for is to be with you. Not just for a month,  for a year. I want to be with you forever." Jungkook's eyes were filled with sadness as he said those words.

"I'm not asking for much. It's not too much to ask for you to stay, right? But why is it hard to have you with me? I think I'm really the worst person. God must hate me so much."

"No, you are wrong. You are a great person Jungkook. You loved me and took care of me so well. You're the Great Teacher Jeon. If not for your greatness I would never fall in love with you."

Jungkook was silenced. I reached out to hold his hand and squeezed it gently.

"Last night, I dreamt of you dying from giving birth. I thought I really lose you. I don't wanna lose you baby."

"It's just a dream." I want him to erase those thoughts because I could almost see the water in his eyes threathening to fall. It's not good for my heart seeing him like this.

"Yeah, but it felt so real. I don't know what to do Lisa. I'm so scared."

This is one of the few times that Jungkook told me that he's scared. I reached out to cup his cheeks and kissed the tip of his nose. "Shh.. Please don't be scared. I will fight for you. I promise."