Wet Dreams

Forgive me for the medical terms. I'm not good at it.

Taehyung's POV

"Okay, so what does this mean?" I asked my doctor, feeling confused as I read my medical exam result

"You can guess." he playfully smiled.

This is new. Why is my doctor being playful now when he's always serious everytime I would have my monthly check up.

I want him to get straight to the point. But seeing how light and calm his mood is, I decided to play along.

"This means I will finally die because it's been four years now and I'm still alive?" I joked. Yes, I can joke aboit my death llbecause I've been ready for years now.

But seriously, it's been puzzling me for a while now that I'm not yet dead when my doctor said I have at least 3-4 years to live.

"Nope. This time it's a good news for you Mr.Kim and I'm sure you'll be surprised." he smiled.

"What is it? I'm dying out of curiousity now." I urged him to continue.

"Mr.Kim, the reason why you're still not..(coughs) dead is because there was really no illness in you in the first place." he dropped the bomb llmaking my mouth hung open.

What the fuck?

"You are joking right?" I swear if he is.

"I'm not. Look here." he said pointing at the result that I am holding.

"Apparently, the stress you experienced upon the death of your wife led your brain to create this foreign cells which we suspected as the deadliest cancer cells. But it turned out that these cells cannot regenerate if the patient reach a certain amount of satisfying emotion. They just vanish over time."

"What does that mean?" I asked. i still don't get it.

"In simple words Mr.Kim, there was really no illness. It was just your body playing games with you as you were mourning over the death of your wife. But now that you seemed to move on, everything turned back to normal."

"How's that possible? Is there a mistake then with my previous findings because all of the doctors came up with the same result of an illness?"

"This case maybe rare but it's not impossible. So congratulations Mr.Kim, you have a long years to live if you just continue to take care of yourself." he gave me an assuring smile. I pinched my cheeks first if I'm dreaming or what.

The news seemed so hard to believe that I can't do anything but cry.

Cry out of happiness.

"Thank you! Thank you doctor and thank God! This is a miracle!" I cried.

"It is Mr.Kim! He emotionally pat my back." I didn't stop myself from hugging my doctor who's been with me for years now.

Is this really true?