CHAPTER 270: Sacrificial lambs (2)

"so that's the purpose for that absorbing array in the arena" Yu Yue connected everything. Such a huge trapping array that could cover an entire city isn't possible in this realm due to inefficient qi to power it up. However, with qi stored in the absorbing array, it would work but it might not be able to hold for too long.

"smart, but it's too late for you though" Fan Xing Xing was stunned but her expression recovered sooner as she sneered.

Yu Yue hesitated whether to use her power of light, if she did she would get exposed and those people would be after her day and night.

She gritted her teeth and was about to risk it all. She unclenched her fist and unleashed her power of light, but it wasn't enough to counter the heavy death energy of the death fog. She could tell it was well nourished, she wondered how many people died for it to attain its current strength.

She was already sweating profusely trying to resist it with all her might, the others were also unleashing their spirit qi while throwing chaos stones to counter the fog but it was only pushed back a little bit. 

Seeing that their situation is dire and the space they could move around was getting narrower and narrower she gnashed her teeth as she couldn't think of another way. It was impossible to implement the same tactic they did in green mist forest to deal with these many death fog cultivators.

She couldn't hide in space as well as hong mei and the others were inside the city, she can't just let many people die here although she's not a saint she can't just pretend that she didn't know of it. But the problem is, she has no idea how to deal with it, their group was putting their hopes into the chaos stone to fight back this long.  If not for it, they would have long become nourishment for the death fog.

While they're in a pickle a man's gentle chuckle reverberated.

"beauty, if you want me to save you just say so. But... I have a condition" his words trailed off with his flirtatious yet lazy voice which they heard before his figure could be seen, he landed down elegantly and stood beside her.

The dense pack of death fog emitting a heavy death aura which was about to swallow their group dissipated with a wave of his sleeves.

"sizzzz, sizzle!" it even made a sizzling noise as the heavy death fog retreated and the person controlling it hissed in pain due to backlash.

"you... you're that guy!" Yu Yue stammered as she exclaimed with a suspicious blush on her face. Isn't this the guy she saw in the jade moon pavilion before?

"yeah it's me, so how about it" he smiled teasingly. His frivolous attitude baffled Yu Yue.

"w-what condition?" she muttered incoherently as her heart skip a beat, befuddling her mind. She can't possibly just agree to it, right?  However, they are currently in a perilous situation. 

"just say yes, we'll discuss it once this is settled" he smiled cheekily while maintaining eye contact with her.

Yu yue's face reddened with embarrassment as she nodded. "o-okay" she mumbled like a mosquito.

"It's a deal then" Sheng Shi Jie grinned with his lips curled upwards making his devilishly outstanding looks even more pronounced.