CHAPTER 338: Cannibal bats (1)

"don't bother about those people, we should worry about the entrance exam. We didn't come here to gossip" a sharp yet handsome-looking man wearing black snapped at the two ladies gossiping while following his lead.

"big brother, don't be so stringent" Zhao Beng stick her tongue out before.

Yu Yue already noticed their group the moment they came. It can't be denied that their group tried to look ordinary, however, they can't escape little tear's senses. She didn't pay much attention to them as the examiner entered the stage.

"Everyone, thank you for coming to attend the northern royal academy's entrance exam. As you all might already know, the exam used to be held on the academy grounds. However, the grandmaster decided to hold the exam in the secret realm..." the old man in white with a long white beard made paused.

Everyone was shocked, but nobody overreacted though some others were showing signs of nervousness and excitement so he continued.

Apparently, the secret realm is a treasure land that many cultivators feared and coveted at the same time. It is a brutal place filled with treasures and dangers, it smells of death, it's a land of sorrow without end as described by the others who managed to come out of there alive.

"tsk, is the Zhao young lady scared? Why don't you go home to your patriarch and beg me to be my concubine if you want to pass this exam" a haughty young man sneered distastefully while eyeing the three people from earlier?

Yu Yue and the others also noticed the quiet young lady with a pale face.

"Zhao Shen, don't be scared. Big brother and I will protect you" Zhao Beng comforted while Zhao An choose to ignore the provocation. Though not everyone notice that he was trying hard not to punch that haughty guy in the face.

"don't mind them Shen'er, we won't let you become his concubine" Zhao An just narrowed his eyes dangerously before speaking gently.

"brother An, don't worry. I'm fine" Zhao Shen recovered a little, though her face was still a little pale.

She showed a strong determination that Yu Yue often saw from desperate people so she was a little moved.

"it's understandable that most of you would be shaken but this matter is already decided. Feel free to forfeit the exam, we won't blame you. I'll wait for a minute and if you're still around you'd be automatically teleported to the secret realm. one more thing, you must last for a month inside. If you can't take it you can teleport out using the white jade tokens given to you but you'll be disqualified. We will grade you according to the points you earned according to the grade of spirit beasts you defeated." the examiner showed a small smile knowing how entangled they feel inside.

Most of the participants are feeling conflicted, they're full of anticipation and hesitation, but they didn't forfeit because it's a rare opportunity to be able to enter the secret realm. They didn't know in advance where the exam would be held as the passage to the secret realm was only opened every one hundred years. The academy held the key to this realm, it was used to train their elite students so it raises a big question to the participants why it was opened today for the entrance exam.