CHAPTER 372: Building a fortress (3)

Almost every month, hong mei will personally make a visit to check on their progress.

He wasn’t surprised when he visited and the fortress was finally done. The traps were all exequitely set up by little cheng shi. The walls were also quite strong to withstand the strongest attacks several times.

“big brother hong mei, how was it? Do you think big sister hua ling will like it? How about the master?” cheng shi asked as he jumped around hong mei excitedly.

“you have done well, they will both love it. Since your mission is already complete, I believed you all gained a lot. I came here to congratulate you all and to inform you that the next ranking competition shall be held here.” hong mei smiled as he slightly bend to pat little chen shi’s head gently.

“big brother, how about the matters in the imperial capital?” shan shan asked doubtfully. She was focusing all of her energy in completing her mission so she has no news regarding the situation over there.

“don’t worry about it, this place is huge enough to be a city. We will moved all forces here, I’m curently out working with the first and second young ladies.” he explained.

“that’s great, I've heard that red lake city and medicine city were developing rapidly.” shan shan said excitedly.

“you can invite your friends to stay here and work for the master directly under your orders” he smiled when he caught their troubled expressions upon the completion of this mission.

“mnnm, let me ask them first. Also, cheng shi seems to like the sword fang mercenaries. Why not also asked them to work for the master directly under his orders?” shan shan smiled when she noticed the little guys hesitation to part with them.

The mercenaries where also hesitant because they were really fond of the young master with a talking dog. Cheng Shi was also close to them because they reminded him of his late big brother.

“I’ll leave it to you guys to settle your affairs. Temporarily, I will take charge of things here to prepare for the master and the other’s arrival.” Hong Mei smiled as he left to look around.

Since ming yu xue and ming yu hua add another trouble for the Liu clan and the alchemist guild, they could barely pay attention to the events in the capital so tian shi’s mission has been going smoothly since they started.

The white army was also acting very low-key; they hired people to rebuild the entire Ming residence secretly. The Liu clan still paid special attention to the Ming residence despite fully knowing its dilapidated situation. perhaps in hopes of catching some people coming back.

Too bad, though, Lady Shan Shou arranged a high-level array to enclose the entire residence and the Liu clan failed to notice anything.

“Lady Tian Shi, the area has been cleared. The carpenters can start rebuilding the courtyards tomorrow,” Little Five reported.

“Very well, call them over here,” Tian Shi instructed. She’s been carefully studying the details in the blue print. This is one of her major missions, so she couldn’t afford to be lax.