CHAPTER 386: sword of the wind (1)

In the next match, Zhuang Lan came to the stage and faced the second ranker.

Zhuang Lan was a straight-forward person, so facing the very talkative second ranker really gives him a headache.

“No one has won on our side yet. Hopefully, Zhuang Lan wins.” De Han sighed as he chomped down a cake.

Yu Yue and Tian Wuxian couldn’t help but roll their eyes at him.

Can’t he read the situation? It’s the second rank they’re talking about. That title wasn’t there for decoration. It was already lucky for them to be in the top twenty given that they were only juniors with less than a year of experience in the academy.

They should at least need another year or two to beat the top five.

Anyway, they’re not aiming to win at all. They just want to test their physical strength in this competition. Besides, if they get too high-profile, It will surely draw a lot of attention, and it will create trouble for them.

“By the way, why have the top six, seven, eight, nine, and ten seats just come now?” Yu Yue asked curiously.

”I’ve heard they are on a mission, and that might be delayed,” Hong Chen said as he nonchalantly chewed on fruits.

“Oh, fair enough,” she mumbled as she focused her attention back on the stage.

“Not much of a talker, eh?” the second ranker joked as he evaded the giant sword raging to split his face.

Just like his personality, Zhuang Lan fought straightforwardly; his way of fighting is too militaristic and fierce. They are all aimed at the opponent's vitals.

Seeing his serious look, the second ranker finally took this match seriously as he unsheathed his sword.

His sword was a little short and thin, looking really small compared to Zhuang Lan’s heavy one. He was good with quick and sneaky attacks.

“Clang! Clang! Clang!” Their swords collided with each other, and Zhuang Lan was put into a defensive stance. He could not strike, as it would create an opening.

“Well, he did improve quite a lot. He was able to keep up his defense this long.” Tian Wuxian smiled. With his endurance, they were both in a stalemate.

“But I think Zhuang Lan is getting exhausted,” Yu Yue guessed as she observed Zhuang Lan retreat and start aiming for another round of attack.

“Oh, that’s rather scary.” The second ranker narrowed his eyes, seeing the massive fireball hurling directly at his face.

Despite his words, he didn’t make any move as he stood still, and no one saw what just happened, but the massive fireball was cut into eight parts and quickly dissipated into thin air.

“Huff-” Zhuang Lan breathed heavily; he wasn’t surprised at all. Seeing that the second rank was about to strike, he quickly surrendered.

“I’ll admit defeat,” he said aloud as he went out of the stage, leaving the second ranker stunned, his eyes twitching as though he was tricked.