Chapter 380: Academy Ranking Competition (2)

The academy has become really lively these days, as the ranking competition is just around the corner. The students are back from their missions and have experienced learning as well.

“Would you guys be participating in the martial arts or in your respective fields?” Yu Yue asked the others curiously.

“I want to participate in the martial arts; I want to see how much I improved,” Si Xiao Xiao said excitedly.

“I think that works for us too; we’re trying to be low-profile, right?” Tian Wuxian laughs.

“Hmmp, you guys are the only ones who think that way.” Little Hong Chen widened his eyes as he listened to their conversation. He rarely sneaks out these days; instead, he lounges around De Han or Yu Yue most of the time to eat all day.

It just so happened that they all came out of seclusion and were catching up together before the ranking competition.

“What are you saying?” Zhuang Lan asked curiously.

“Aside from junior sister, the hall masters are talking about your talents.” He rolled his eyes at them, although they all really tried to keep low profiles. Their talents didn’t manage to escape the eyes of the hall masters.

“Alright, alright. Are you joining the ranking competition as well?” Yu Yue asked thoughtfully.

“Yeah, it also served as a yearly assessment, so everyone’s required to participate,” Hong Chen said as a matter of fact.

The day of the assessment came, and they all gathered at the academy grounds, where the elimination round began.

They were all inside the array to test their skills; those who were able to proceed to the next round were only half of them.

The next part was hunting; they all had to accumulate points. The cutoff scores were really high, so only the top 100 were able to proceed to the proper ranking competition.

Yu Yue and the others managed to get to the top one hundred, and every elimination round was decided by a random draw. If one with a higher rank loses, he will exchange ranks with the one who managed to defeat him.

He can challenge another student to climb up the ranks; the same goes for other students until they reach the top twenty. Once the top twenty are decided, the draw begins. Their performance will then be evaluated to determine the order of the eleventh to twentieth ranks.

“Ahh, I’m really unlucky. I actually draw that annoying woman.” Little Hong Chen cried bitter tears.

“Junior sister, who did you draw? Can you swap with me?” Hong Chen asked cheekily.

Yu Yue very kindly showed him the number he drew.

“On another thought, I was still very lucky.” Hong Chen quickly hides away the number he draws.

“Yu yue eyed him speechlessly.

What does she expect? Anyway,  she’s not aiming to win. She’s just there to test her skills.

With that mindset, her mood also brightened.

She just wants to quickly leave the academy; there are so many things she needs to deal with outside.