CHAPTER 312: The mystery of realms (1)

Seeing her mood fluctuating Sheng Shi Jie just sat beside her quietly, for some reason he also started longing to have this kind of warmth. The concept of a warm relationship was still new to him. Now and in his previous life isn't that much different.

He's born and raised to be the supreme one, affection isn't in their bones. The relationship that only exists to him is between the master and subordinates, absolute loyalty and obedience.

Yu Yue could feel someone obviously staring at her so she turned her head only to be greeted by the dazed Sheng Shi Jie.

"what's wrong?" for the first time she spoke to him softly, she could feel his conflicted feelings and thoughts. It's hard to ignore especially if it shows on his cold face that only warms when facing her.

"ah...nothing" he looks away with a sip of his wine before excusing himself and leaving first.
Yu Yue looks at his lonely figure blankly, somewhat she suddenly feels guilty without knowing why. Maybe for always trying to ignore his existence?

Yu Chang Lu just so happened to catch what just happened and she immediately made know what was going on. She smiled at the two helplessly, seems like there was still a long way between the two.

She contemplated for a while as her thoughts wandered to her past self. She knows that expression very well. She's also as cold as an ice before, she's been running for her life not able to trust anyone.

...

It's been a week since Yu Yue and the others leave for imperial sky city to meet up with Hua Ling and the others. The flame fireflies still can't sense their clansmen let alone communicate with them.

Butler white explained that people from higher realms mainly used communication devices, like voice transmissions, they also used messengers like spirit beasts and other special techniques.

Butler white then explained to her that her flame fireflies need to advance in their cultivation to be able to communicate freely in long ranges. Yu Yue was aggrieved again, butler white is really unreliable, he would never tell her anything unless it's really urgent or if she actively asked for it so she decided to check out the space and refresh her understanding of the mystery of realms by herself.

The space has been upgraded and new information was accessible but Yu Yue was too busy before and rarely have the time to explore the changes. This kind of information was also not mentioned in the books from the forbidden area of the eclipse pavilion. Maybe, whoever wrote those books simply thought it was basic and should be common sense. 

Yu Yue was also surprised, she never thought of these before. When she asked about it her mother explained to her that there are different rules in every realm. She also just found out that there are many continents out there in every realm and they're ranked as first-rate, second-rate, and third-rate continents.

The requirements to ascend to a higher level realm are different from the requirements to crossover to another continent with the same level. For example, the continent they're currently in is the dragon continent. They're not strong enough to tear the space and travel through the void so they have to use a spacial artifact like the teleportation compass Sheng Shi Jie give to little xi wang and what the bright moon palace used to descend and ascend back and forth between the middle realm and the lower realm.