CHAPTER 357: The Last Dragon Egg (2)

"So you're saying you want us to join your rebellion against the royal family?" Yu Yue looked at the three of them in amusement.

"yes! I know this might be a little selfish, but the current royal family is no longer fit to rule," Zhao Shen said.

"Why do you think so?" Although Yu Yue knows as much, she still wants to know how much they really know. This actually turned out to be rather unexpected.

"We have known so far that the other regions are already extending their claws in our region, and the empire is just closing an eye. Just like the Ming clan, other clans are also slowly losing their foothold in this region because the emperor has already sold his kingdom to obtain immortality," she said with seething anger.

"How did you know?" Yu Yue's interest was finally piqued.

"Because my mother is the emperor's younger sister. When my mother found out, she tried to stop him, so the emperor silenced her. With the support of the Zhao clan, my mother managed to put up a fight. However, it only lasted for three years before my entire family got annihilated, and even the Zhao clan was implicated." She started recalling everything.

Apparently, her grandfather and other uncles died during the rebellion. Now the Zhao clan was even worse off than the current Ming clan. They were currently led by the youngest son, Zhao An, and Zhao Beng's father. Their intention was to push Zhao Shen to power, but they could only work covertly. So far, their alliance was composed of other clans that secretly fought against the royal family.

"What makes you think we would be able to help you guys?" Tian Wuxian asked puzzledly.

"We can tell that you guys came from a powerful background; we bet you're from the hidden clans since we haven't heard of your existence before. As it turns out, we were trying to contact them, but we couldn't even find news about the hidden clan. However, after interacting with you guys, I highly doubt that you're even from this realm." Zhao stated confidently that he had already thought of this ever since, and he still can't wrap his head around it.

"Hmm, that's quite a lot. However, you guessed wrong. We're neither, but since we're already acquainted, let me ask you something. What do we get in return if we ever join your side?" Yu Yue smiled at them slightly as they were taken aback by her question.

"In the palace treasury room, there's a hidden chamber that even the emperor isn't aware of. That chamber can only be opened by pureblood princesses, and my mother says the last dragon egg lays in there waiting for the right one who could tame it." Zhao Shen spoke.

"How can you be sure it even exists?" Yu Yue raised her brows, not really that interested. Though a dragon is cool, she has no idea if they're even real to begin with.

"Is this enough?" Zhao Shen took out a crystal pendant with a dragon breath; Yu Yue knows about it.

"Huh, so it's really true. If I knew, I should have made my way there long ago," she sighed with a glint in her eyes.

"Everyone looks at her strangely. Well, it's not nearly impossible because, knowing her, there are rarely things that could catch her attention, and they're all rare spirit beasts and medicinal plants.