Chapter 366: Sword Fang Mercenary (3)

When the mercenaries of more than seventy men and two women saw their employers, they were visibly shocked.

“Leader, don’t you think it’s weird for two kids with just less than thirty maids to head to the most dangerous area in the dragon plain?” one of the females frowned.

“We already accepted the mission; let’s not say more.” The captain just sighed, even though he also felt like these people were just here to play.

Greetings, young lady Shan Shan and young master Cheng Shi, I’m Ye Ling, the leader of the Sword Fang mercenary team.” He saluted to show his acknowledgement.

“Thanks for accepting our request, Captain Ye; we will be under your care.” Shan Shan also saluted elegantly. She’s been trained to represent Yu Yue publicly since she was young, so her demeanor also commands an awe-inspiring authority.

“Right, we will rely on Captain Ye from now on.” Little Cheng Shi also smiled warmly; he was always adorable and cute, which is really charming, so people feel less cold towards him.

“Leave it to us, young lady Shan Shan and young master Cheng Shi.” Captain Ye also nodded his head approvingly. He has a child of his own, and he could tell how extraordinary these two are.

“Alright, I believed sister Hua Yi already told you the important details of this escort mission. You will receive another quarter of the total pay once we successfully arrive at our destination. Another quarter during our stay. Once we get back, you’ll get the total pay plus bonuses.” Shan Shan explained before they started their journey, shocking the mercenary team with their generosity. However, Captain Ye must re-evaluate the level of this mission in his head.

He was observing the maids earlier, which made him suspicious; if he’s not wrong, just any of them were stronger than most of his team members. They aren’t your ordinary maids at all; they all have light armor underneath.

“Captain, should we fall back?” the other woman asked.

“We can't; we really need the money to save our injured brothers. Plus, we've already used half of it,” he sighed softly.

“Enough, we should just render our service and think nothing of it. They don’t seem like our usual arrogant clients anyway,” the other woman said thoughtfully.

“Alright, you two. We warned our men not to lax around,” Captain Ye said meaningfully.

“Captain, have you noticed it?” Bei Hei said telepathically as she eyed the rainbow hawks, who are good with disguises, flying around them like a pair of eyes.

“Yeah, those aren’t your ordinary birds. They have been together with us since we arrived here, Bei Wei added.

“Maybe that’s why we haven’t encountered any spirit beasts along the way,” Captain Ye said thoughtfully.

“Right, I have observed those birds, and they were all carrying a pouch of dispelling powder,” Bei Hei said in amazement.

“Then what’s the point of hiring us?” one of the mercenary members asked.

“Maybe for people like them,” Bei Hei said, pointing a few kilometers away from them, where several people were laughing as they robbed another mercenary team. Her expression tightened.

“The wolf brigade team—who would have thought we would meet with them again so soon? Bei Wei narrowed her eyes.