Chapter 379: Academy Ranking Competition (1)

Let’s all go back to the moment she came out of the secret realm...

After she broke through several levels in one go, she had to stabilize her foundations. She finally reached the heavenly dan level five peak stage.

“I need more combat experience; let’s spend the remaining time to accumulate points, Yu Yue said as she opened her eyes after going through another round of heavenly tribulation.

Thankfully, she has the white thunder crystal rotating in her dantian and absorbs most of the lightning strikes, so she could barely feel anything. Even so, her lightning tribulation was still not normal; she still lost some skin and flesh every time, as though the heavens were punishing her.

“Right, I’m also getting better at this,” Si Xiao Xiao said as she waved the golden flag that could trap spirit beasts.

I've had enough of this place; I want to go back already.” Hai Xingze checked himself in the mirror and couldn’t help but whine. He reeked of blood, and his hair was in disarray.

“When are you going to change?” Zhuang Lan scoffed at him as he pierced a beast who was about to pounce on Xingze.

“Say it to that glutton,” Hai Xingze pointed out to a certain someone munching rare fruits without a care.

“Yu yue, how about those who get the smallest points stay in the academy to study for five years?” Tian Wuxian suggested.

“That’s a good idea,” Yu Yue agreed with a smile. In fact, these two don’t really care about getting the highest score, so this should be enough to motivate them.

“W-wait... what? That’s not good at all!” The two look at each other in horror; they were just doing the exam halfheartedly. For them, there’s no better place to study than the bright moon palace, so they’re really not much interested in the academy.

“We will know once the exam is over.” Si Xiao Xiao took the initiative to prey on the spirit beasts.

They were like that until the exam was over. They were teleported back to the academy grounds, and about a quarter didn’t make it, and almost half of them were severely injured.

Based on their points, they were free to choose which specialty they should join. Except for Yu Yue, the others chose their professions, so she was the only one who pursued martial arts.

She wasn’t really expecting to be taken casually by Hong Fei. But she didn’t think much of it since her points were really at the top.

Her grueling days of mastering martial arts started before she knew it. She was also able to refine pills and weapons. She’s self-taught in her spare time, so her progress wasn’t that fast.

Her communications outside the academy were cut off, so she has no idea what was happening outside. She simply focused on her training and improving her skills.

Sometimes they would go out to consolidate their foundations after breaking through. But aside from sneakily going to the library, she would just stay within the academy’s restricted grounds.

Nothing much really happened except for Hong Chen’s usual dropping by to eat and drink with her and the others.