CHAPTER 355: Phantom Dreams (3)

While Yu Yue was busy trying to protect Zhao Shen’s consciousness, something changed in the secret realm. 

At the center of the secret realm is a deep cave with a pond of celestial water surrounded by an ancient array. No one had ever been able to enter the cave before, not even the academy’s grandmaster. 

"That aura is so familiar." A toddler who was about a year old lay on one of the white lotus leaves and opened his eyes abruptly.

"It’s about time for me to leave this place; I just hope this one won’t die like that despicable witch," he muttered with an excited smile as he rolled around the lotus leaf, trying to get up to no effect. 

"This barrier is really annoying; I couldn’t even get up and walk around." Tsk! Tsk!"  The toddler snorted with irritation. 

"What’s taking this one so long? I’m getting impatient." A white flame started burning from his eyes as he could no longer control his impatience. He’s been waiting here for two days already, and he could feel that familiar power weakening as time went by. 

… 

On the other side, cold sweat started trickling down Yu Yue’s forehead endlessly. She almost exhausted every ounce of her energy. Same for the others; if things go on, they could no longer support the barrier.

On Hai Xingze’s side, out of the five-layer barrier he made, there are only two standing, and the second one is already showing signs of cracking.

"What should we do now?" "These people are quite persistent." Zhao Beng said anxiously. 

"I have no choice but to put them all to sleep; use these medicines to put them to sleep. "Don't worry, it won’t kill them," he said, handing them several bottles before taking out the phantom mirror. 

"Will you help me or I’ll throw you in a pile of mud?" he squinted threateningly, making the two look at him with puzzlement. 

To their surprise, though, the mirror started trembling, and a beautiful woman who was formed out of a purple miasma came out. "Hmm, you’re so unkind, master. I was busy admiring my beauty." "I'll make sure to make these idiots pay," the haughty spirit smiled evilly as her purple miasma started pouring out of her body and spreading quickly around the barrier. 

"Don’t kill them," he ordered coldly. 

"Hmm, why not?" she refuted with an unsightly face. 

"It would be weird if too many people died during the exam; Yu Yue needs to get into the academy," he said, narrowing his eyes coldly. He never forgets to let his guard down around this cunning spirit. 

"tsk!  How troublesome.  "Don't call me out in such an ugly place ever again." She looked at him murderously but still did as she was told before going back to the mirror and leaving a sea of purple mist. 

"She’s so scary," Zhao Beng gasped as she wiped the cold sweat from her forehead. She was finally able to breathe properly again. 

"huffs!  She’s really scary; I don’t like seeing her as much as well, but I have no choice right now. "Thankfully, she still obeys me and didn’t directly kill us all." Hai Xingze yelled as his legs shook, making the two stare at him speechlessly. 

He still remembers the first time she met that woman; she specifically told him not to call her out in ugly places because she hates ugly things the most.