CHAPTER 344: To the rescue (1)

Yu Yue simply stared at him without saying a word, making him feel uncomfortable as he took away the bottles of medicine.

Yu Yue began to set up camp and started unpacking her gear. She brought a lot of supplies to make herself comfortable, as she didn't think they would be leaving for a few days. She wasn't worried about passing the exam, as she had many ways to do so. Just dealing with the cannibal bats would have been enough to pass. Too bad Little Pie and Little Tear had turned them into dust.

Zhao An's mouth twitched as he turned around to see Yu Yue's elaborate set-up. "Does she think this is her backyard?" he thought speechlessly.

"What?" she raised her eyebrows at him as she lounged on her couch covered in golden-white fur, eating fruits he had never seen before.

"Nothing," he said blankly. "It's just that you don't seem to have any sense of danger."

"Nah, you're just too dense," she rolled her eyes and threw him some spiritual fruits.

"This..." he was about to say something when he recognized a few of the fruits. Despite coming from a poor clan, he had heard of these rare fruits and knew their worth, so he was agitated.

"You can have them all. Don't worry, there's plenty more if you want," she dismissed him as she walked towards her tent. She just wanted to rest, as she was tired from all the fighting earlier.

She wasn't concerned about the condition of Zhao Shen and Zhao Beng, assuming that Zhao An had followed her instructions.

"I think you're getting yourself into trouble again," Butler White said lazily.

"It doesn't matter, I feel like it anyway. Don't you think it's rare to meet good people in this world?" she replied with a light smile. At first, she didn't want to get involved, but it seems like her fate was to be a busybody.

On the other hand, Zhao An stood there unmoved. He looked at the spiritual fruits in his hand as if he were dreaming. One of them was just what he needed to help with his cultivation, and if he ate it, he would surely break through to Houtian Level eight Peak Stage.

He was conflicted, as he knew its value but didn't know how to repay her for saving them. His eyes flicked to his sister and cousin, and his muscles relaxed as he sighed deeply before eating the fruit. He thoughtfully kept the others for them when they woke up later.

Three days later, Yu Yue was awakened by the strange atmosphere. Dark clouds loomed over Zhao An. Although she was confident in him, she still went to check. Zhao Shen and Zhao Beng were already awake, looking worriedly from a safe distance.

This wasn't the first time she had seen someone go through the lightning tribulation since coming here, but it still made her heart race.

She wondered why she wasn't attracting the lightning tribulation, as everyone who came from the lower realm with her had already gone through it every time they broke through. Everyone except for her.