Skipping in the Rain (SBI)(3/3)

Phil POV

"Being stubborn again, what do you mean?" Phil asked, getting into his car. He started the engine, preparing to leave.

"He didn't want to call you and admit he was sick." Techno explained. "My guess is, he thinks he's a burden. Which is ridiculous." 

Phil pulled out of the parking lot, an amused look on his face. "You did the same thing Tech. It took years to break that habit." He was only about a half an hour away, thoughh he wished he was closer.

There was a sigh. "I know."

"Sorry to bring back the bad memories." 

"I was hoping he wouldn't go through the same thing. I was hoping I-we saved him from that." Techno admitted. 

Phil nodded. "We can't save him from all of that. But we'll do what we can." Focusing back to the street ahead, he knew he needed to end the call. "Thank you for calling me Techno." His eyes drifted back to clock. "I'll be home in about a half an hour to take care of him."

"Alright, I'll see you after work." Techno hung up, leaving Phil to his own thoughts. Phil drove in silence, trying to ignore the worry that bubbled in his chest.

He just hoped Tommy was okay.

----------

Tommy POV

Tommy tossed and turned, trying to breath through his clogged nose. Nothing seemed to work. Groaning, he laid on his back. He stared at the ceiling, feeling more and more miserable. Maybe he should have called Phil.

Sniffing, he reached for his phone. But again, that voice stopped him, warning that he was only burdening his father. He closed his eyes, feeling a headache coming on. Could he feel any worse?

The sound of tires squeaking caused Tommy to turn towards the window. Who was that? No one was supposed to be home for another few hours at least. Squinting out the window, he let out a groan. He couldn't see out the window without climbing out of bed.

Luckily, as the figure entered the house, he called out to Tommy. "Toms, I've got some soup for you!" The blonde had never felt so relieved to recognize Phil's voice.

He opened his mouth to respond, only to fall into another coughing fit. Footsteps raced towards him. In walked Phil with a container of soup and a bottle of water.

"Oh Tommy," he handed the teen the water in his hand. Watching worriedly, Phil shook his head. "Why do you have to be as stubborn as Techno?"

Tommy gulped down the water, grabbing a tissue to blow his nose. "Wha-what do you mean? Why are you here?" It came out more harshly than he intended. He was relieved obviously, but equally confused.

"Techno called me." Phil explained, throwing away the abandoned tissues. "You tried pulling the same trick he did, not calling when you're sick." He reached forward, gently combing back his hair in order to feel his forehead.

Tommy fidgeted with his hands, trying to find the right words to say. "I didn't want to bother you." he admitted, again coughing into his sleeve.

Phil's gaze softened as he leaned forward to kiss the boy's forehead. "It's my job to take care of you Tommy. And I wouldn't change it for the world."

The blonde sighed, wrapping his arms around the older. "Thank you... Dad."

Phil's heart swelled at his words, lighting up the smile that spread on his face. "Of course, son."

The rest of the day was spent watching movies and helping Tommy to feel better. They ended up curling up on the couch, watching their favorite film. Falling asleep, Tommy was already feeling better. He wished he would have called Phil in the first place.

--------

Hope you liked it!

Thank you for 21K!!

Feel free to request!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy