The Poor Little Village Boy (Tommy angst)(2/3)

Due to popular request, I've decided to write another part!! :)

Tommy POV

Tommy stared at the crown in his hands. It was beautiful, crafted to perfection with his own favorite jewel. He never thought he would ever hold one again, mostly because he didn't believe he deserved it. His eyes traced back to green eyes. "Are you sure?"

The older laughed, as if it were a ridiculous question. "I'm positive. I've been wanting to give it to you for quite a while now. Ever since you became part of the family, you had a right to it." he paused, choosing his words carefully. "I just wasn't sure... after everything you've been through... I didn't want to pressure you into it."

Tommy shook his head, attempting to push the crown back into the blonde's hands. "I-I don't deserve it... I'm no prince- I-" he stuttered, falling over each word.

"Tommy." Dream offered a smile, gently offering the crown again. "You deserve it more than me. You are nothing short of a leader. You are so kind and loyal. You have the people's respect and trust me, that's nearly impossible to gain. But most of all, you have my respect."

The blonde felt tears well up in his eyes at his words. Could he really mean all that? The doubts flooded his mind, reminding him of old memories. If his old family didn't spare him a glance, how could Dream? What if he was lying? "What if I mess up? What if you forget all about me? I-I can't go through that again I-"

The older carefully grabbed Tommy's hands, moving the crown aside. He rubbed his thumb across his knuckle, providing a nice sense of comfort. "Tommy, trust me. You're already a prince. And besides, I don't make mistakes." he smirked, adding a bit of arrogance for good measure.

Tommy took a deep breath, finally nodding. "Okay. But I don't want to be called Prince Tommy."

"To me, you'll always be Tommy." Dream smiled, ruffling the boy's hair. He moved back to the crown, picking it up and offering it to the blonde.

Biting his lip, Tommy leaned forward, allowing the crown to place. It adjusted nicely, sitting comfortably on his head. It was so much more comfortable than his old crown, that had outgrown him several years after wearing it. After so many years, his father still hadn't bothered to have it adjusted. So, Tommy simply stopped wearing it.

A strange look washed over Dream's face, causing Tommy to frown. "What?" He had never seen that look before. Was it fascination? Arrogance? Then he stopped, finally recognizing the look he had desired above all others. Pride.

"I'm just so proud of you." Dream grinned, his eyes never leaving Tommy. 

Tommy swallowed, feeling the lump in his throat. He had never had someone be proud of him before. Acting on instinct, he rushed towards the blonde and engulfed him in a hug. Dream staggered back before hugging him back tightly. "Thank you." he whispered.

Dream pulled back after a moment, smiling brightly. "Of course little brother." he ruffled his hair again, causing the boy to groan. He was about to retort with his usual comebacks when a knock on the door interrupted them.

"Come in-" Dream began, immediately getting cut off by a brunette barging in.

"What did he say?! What did he say!?!" the boy exclaimed, jumping up and down with more excitement than either of them thought possible.

"Tubbo!" the blonde laughed. "I told you not to interrupt!"

"But I want to know!" Tubbo rolled his eyes, turning back towards Tommy. "So? Is it official?" His eyes lit up as they met Tommy's. There was so much energy in his eyes, Tommy wasn't sure how he could contain it. 

Taking a deep breath, he decided to cut the suspense. "It's official." Tommy grinned, barely having a enough time to prepare before Tubbo tackled him in a hug.

"I'VE GOT ANOTHER BROTHER!" Tubbo erupted. 

Dream laughed at his brother's shenanigans. "He was our brother before Tubs. The crown just recognizes him as part of the royal family, that's all. He's always going to be our brother."

Tubbo looked back down at Tommy, his bright eyes shining. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

------------

Hope you  liked it! 

I'm going to make one more part!

Thank you for 24.8K!!

Feel free to request!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-Snowy