Sharp Teeth (Philza and Kristin)(1/?)

Kristin POV

Kristin sat on her bed, sharpening her favorite blade. It had originally been a gift from her parents, a sort of symbol showing her coming of age. She had accepted it with pure excitement. Just the idea of being able to finally go on missions was a dream come true. After all those lonely nights wondering if her parents were going to come home, she wanted nothing more than to join them.

Her family was one of many that tracked down vampires. They had a special kind of sense that passed down to each generation. With a bit of training and understanding, each of them could use it to follow a vampire's scent. Like the rest of her family, she had used it several times. She could still remember the feeling, the sparking sensation that an enemy was nearby. 

Combined with her sword forged in pure iron and she was a force to be reckoned with. Her hand drifted along the sharp blade. But she was so lost in her thoughts that her finger lingered too close to the edge of the weapon.

"Ouch!" she exclaimed, immediately retracting her finger. She held the cut to the light, gently inspecting the wound. A small drop of blood began to race down her finger, falling to the floor below. Sighing, she wrapped the wound in the sleeve of her shirt.

Maybe this was a sign. Not to follow her parents into the darkness of night just to spill blood. Not to ignore the pleading eyes that begged for life. Not to keep pretending that she was a hero, that she was part of the good team.

She could laugh at herself at the thought. It was just a cut, nothing more. Just a reminder of her foolishness in a world of pros.

A knock on her door caused her to look up. Golden eyes looked in, quickly meeting hers. "You ready?"

She stood up, bringing her precious sword with her. "Of course."

"Good," her mother smiled wildly. Venom seemed to drip through her words, as though she were a predator hunting for her prey. "Tonight's the night. We're finally going to catch him."

Kristin frowned, "How can you be so sure?"

"Call it instinct," the woman turned on her heel, leaving her daughter to process her words.

Ignoring the sickening feeling in her stomach, Kristin pulled on her leather jacket. It was as dark as the night, only illuminated in the reflections of the moon. But that wouldn't be a concern tonight. The best hunts always took place on the nights of the new moon. 

She glanced at herself in her mirror. A stranger seemed to stare back at her, smirking at a life of excitement and thrill, something that anyone would dream of. But Kristin couldn't help but desire more. She lived for the peace and fulfillment of having a family, a legacy to love and protect. But as a vampire hunter she couldn't. She had a duty, as much as she despised it. 

With one final look, she left her room and her dreams behind. She walked down the hall, hesitating just outside the basement stairs. Acting had never been within her abilities. But over the past few years she had grown much better at it. Just smile and go along like you always have. Don't question them, don't make them mad. Just pretend to be who they think you are.

She took one step at a time, hearing the echoes of the plan bouncing off the walls. As soon as her face touched the light of the basement, she was greeted by both her parents.

"Could you take any longer? I thought the night would be over by the time you made it down here!" her father exclaimed. His eyes narrowed down on her. What she had once mistaken as love was only seen as judgment.

"I had to make sure I was ready!" she responded, adding a smile. "Mom mentioned this was going to be the night we finally caught that vampire."

That made him smile, even slightly. "I've spent all morning finding his possible locations. Using what we know about the last few attacks, he must be deep in the forest, near the edge of Velvet Meadow." His eyes traced back to his wife. "And using all of our tracking abilities, I'm sure we'll find him quickly."

Kristin fought to bite her tongue. She wanted to remind him about the last time he said that, the nights where his determination had been forged into desperation. But she didn't. She knew better than to argue. Instead she settled with the same words as before. "Of course."

Her father grabbed his weapon from beside him, glancing back towards the rest of his team. "Then let's go catch ourselves a vampire."

----------

Hope you liked it! This is based on a request, but I'm going to change it a little bit. I think I have an idea that will make it even better!

Sorry it's been a while!

Feel free to request!

To be honest I think I'm moving away from the Dream SMP slowly. I've been considering writing some other stuff from other fandoms. But I'm not sure yet. I was wondering if you guys would be interested in stuff like that? I'm still probably going to write Dream SMP too, just not as much. Let me know what you guys think! :)

Thank you for 97.5K!!

Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

-Snowy