Episode 11: The Chikorita Rescue

Today, Mew and her friends are taking the high road to Violet City, and to Mew's first Johto League gym. However, the weather feels cold.

"Boy, it sure is freezing up here," Brock says.

"It's really cold," Jen says, wrapping her arms around herself.

"Snubbull," (I agree.) Snubbull replies

Just then, Misty notices a mountain up ahead, "Oh, look! There's even snow on that mountain!"

"That's cool!" Tomo says

"It must be just like winter over there," Mew says.

Eevee and Pikachu nod their heads in agreement.

"Looks good for skiing," Misty says.

Brock eagerly agrees, "That's a great idea. I can see myself now. Spending all morning on the slopes, and all afternoon at the lodge." Of course, Brock fantasizes being in front of the lodge with girls, "I think I may have just hit on the perfect sport for me. Downhill skiing."

"Oh, boy. I think your brain's going downhill," Misty replies

Mew soon looked ahead, "Well, I found something better than skiing." Mew then points ahead, "Just take a look over there."

The group looks ahead to see a Chikorita snoozing along some soft grass. Without, Mew and the others quietly approach the Pokemon without waking it up.

"It's a Chikorita," Mew says.

"It's so cute," Jen says.

"Looks like it's sunbathing," Brock says.

"More like taking a snooze," Tomo replies

Misty sniffs the air, "I smell something sweet."

"Yeah, That's the scent that comes off the Chikorita's petals," Mew says.

"It's a little like the way Casey's Chikorita smelled, remember?" Brock says.

Then the group remembers Casey and his Chikorita.

Misty looks at the sleeping Pokemon and says, "Think it's a wild Chikorita?"

"Yeah, probably," Mew says, and takes out her Pokedex. (Gets out his Pokédex)

Dexter says, "Chikorita, the Leaf Pokemon. A Grass Type. Chikorita emit pleasant aromas from the leaves on their heads, and they love to sunbathe."

"I think it looks sweet. Maybe we can be friends with it," Mew says.

Mew then walks towards the Chikorita to see it sleeping. Suddenly, Chikorita becomes aware that it's being watched. The Little Chikorita leaps on its feet, and spins the leaf on its head, and doesn't look like it's backing down.

"Huh?" Mew says.

"What's wrong?" Misty asks.

"This Chikorita looks like a tough girl to me," Mew says.

"I think you're right. It's not scaring so easy. This one looks like a pretty tough cookie," Brock says.

The Chikorita keeps swinging its leaf.

"It's not backing down a bit," Jen says.

"Brock's right. That Chikorta looks tough," Tomo says.

"And is ready for a battle," Mew says.

She brings out her Pokeball and says, "I think I'll give this Chikorita just that."

"I thought Chikorita were supposed to be sweet," Jen replies, confused.