Episode 152: Better Eight Than Never

While in pursuit of Team Rocket and the stolen Blackthorn dragon fang, the gang were reunited with Mew's Charizard, who flew back from the Charicific Valley with their old friend, Liza. Meanwhile, Team Rocket's disastrous attempt to steal the treasured prayer flame only served to infuriate the Dragonite, who had recently been traveling with them, threatening the Holy Land and its inhabitants. But thanks to the able assistants of Charizard and Liza, Clair, Mew, and her friends were able to calm the raging Dragonite, preserving the Dragon's Holy Land along with all the Pokemon that live there. Now, after one interruption, the moment Mew has waited for is finally here! The battle for his eighth badge, and entry into the Johto League tournament!

Inside the gym, the battle is about to begin.

Kaburagi announces, The Blackthorn gym battle rematch between Mew of Pallet Town and gym leader Clair will now begin! Each trainer will use three Pokemon, as before. The battle is over when all of either trainer's Pokemon cannot continue, and only the challenger will be able to substitute one Pokemon for another!"

"So, are you ready for this, Mew?" Clair asks.

"Yeah!" Mew answers.

Kaburagi announces, "Let's begin!"

Clair says, "Kingdra, I choose you! Let's go!"

Soon, Kingdra comes out and into the water of the pool

"I knew you'd start with Kingdra!" Mew says.

"Well, sounds like Mew is ready for anything," Misty says.

Mew then calls out, "Snorlax, you're up!"

And with that, Snorlax comes out.

"Gee, Mew I didn't know you had a Snorlax.

"Yeah, I decided to switch out my Pokemon yesterday when I was at the Pokemon Center," Mew says.

"So my guess is Mew didn't feel like his regular team would be able to cut it going up against a dragon Pokemon," Brock says.

"That was a pretty smart move by Mew," Misty says.

Mew then calls out, "Snorlax, let's win this! Hyper Beam!"

Snorlax charges the attack.

Clair then calls out, "Kingdra, Agility!

Kingdra dashes forward just as Snorlax fires the attack. But when it tried to attack Snorlax with its snout, it bounced right off of Snoralx's body.

"Kingdra, Swift, let's go, now!" Clair calls out.

Kingdra then fires the next attack, but it bounces off of Snorlax's body.

"Snorlax." (Too bad.) Snorlax replies.

Neither Kingdra nor Clair can believe their eyes.

"Not working!" Clair says.

"Snorlax, Body Slam!" Mew calls out.

Snorlax closes in.

Clair calls out, "Agility!"

Kingdra evades just in time as Snorlax belly flops into the water. Again, Kingdra tries to attack, but Snorlax's body causes it to bounce off.

"Snorlax." (That tickles.) Snorlax replies.

"Yeah! Awesome! Way to go, Snorlax!" Mew cheers.

"All of our attacks aren't doing a thing! Its huge body is absorbing the blows!" Clair says.

Then Clair calls out, "Okay! Kingdra, Hydro Pump!"

Kingdra fires the attack.

Mew calls out, "Dodge it, now!"