Episode 39: Love, Totodile Style

Mew and her friends continue their journey to Goldenrod City, their next stop on their journey through Johto. Now, everyone decides to take a pitstop.

"Hey, guys. Why don't we stop here?" Misty says.

Then Brock asks, "Who wants me to start cooking up my famous beef stew?"

I do!" Everyone happily says.

Pikachu, Eevee, and the other Pokemon already out are starting to play.

Misty calls out, "Okay Goldeen, Staryu, Poliwhirl, Shiny Totodile, Golduck, Psyduck, Mudkip, and Piplup, time to play!

Soon, all the Pokemon come out and dive into the water.

Misty says, "Don't forget to always swim with a buddy!"

Psyduck comes out of the water and splashes into the water. Then Psyduck begins to swim.

Mew then calls out her Pokemon, Come on out, Totodile, Lapras, Lugia, Dratini. Come out and swim, buddy!"

Soon, the Pokemon come out and are beginning to swim.

"They're having a blast, aren't they?" Misty says.

"Yeah," Mew replies.

"Pokemon need to have fun just as much as their trainers do," Brock says.

Soon, Totodile spots some Magikarp splashing about in the distance. Excited, Totodile starts juggling them with his Water Gun.

"Wow, Totodile's talented!" Misty says, amazed.

"Yeah, and it certainly knows how to hog the spotlight," Brock says.

Mew grins and says, "Well, that's because Totodile a real ham."

"Pikachu!" (You said it!) Pikachu says.

"Vee! Eevee Eevee!" (Yeah! What a real ham!) Eevee says.

The Pokemon continues to play in the water happily. Totodile floats contentedly on his back and lightly drums his tummy.

Totodile sings, "To-to, TO!"

Suddenly, Totodile hears another Pokemon singing. Meloetta hears it too. Two follow the sound of the voice and look to see another Pokemon singing.

The song is soft and happy, "Azuma-rill, Azuma-rill, A-zuma, zuma-rill!"

The source of the song is a blue, bipedal semiaquatic leporine Pokémon that has an ovoid body. The lower half of its body is white with a white, bubble-like pattern above it, which helps to camouflage it in water. It has elongated, rabbit-like ears with red insides and circular eyes. When in the water, it rolls up its ears to prevent the insides from becoming wet. Its arms and feet are short with rounded ends and no discernible digits. It has a black zigzagging tail with a blue, bubble-like tip. The tip of its tail tends to glow when it attacks or is excited. And appears to have a pink ribbon on her tail.

Seeing the lovely Aqua Rabbit sing, Totodile has been struck by Cupid's bow and arrow. He then zooms down, skidding to a stop in front of the Pokemon.

The Pokemon looks surprised, "Zu?" (Huh?)

Totodile giggles, "Toto-toto-toto-toto! (Hey! I'll be your friend! I'll be your friend! Pick me! Pick me!)

"Azu?" (Friend?) The Pokemon says, confused

"Toto-toto-toto!" (This is how I feel!) Totodile says, and fires his Water Gun in the shape of a heart.

And Totodile says, "Toto! Toto! Totodile! Toto, dile?" (Come on! Come on! You said you needed someone! Well, how about me?)